2022 Senate Pro Build Boot Position

Billbert

• Baller

69" senate Pro Build with new vapour boot and ARTP. I cant seam to get off the tail with the boot in the stock position.

Slide it ahead 1/4" and it feels balanced and a lot like the 2017 lithium I am coming off of. (Other than being more responsive and turning quicker)

Anyone else played with the boot positioning on this ski? It feels good now but its the first ski I have needed to adjust boot position from recommended settings to get to work for me.

• Baller
I’ve had the same experience with this ski. I asked @ColeGiacopuzzi about moving the boots forward, but he told me to use the factory settings. The boot placement was 31.5” until the 2022 model. The jury is still out on boot placement since I haven’t had hardly any course time this season and I’m only a 30/32 mph 15 off skier. When riding behind the boat, the ski seems to shove a lot of water out the front.

• Baller

@Broussard thanks. I have been through that thread before. I have always felt binding placement could be a bit hit or miss when measuring from a heal of a boot. Doesn't exactly account for foot size and differences in bindings.

Having said that this is the first combination for me that doesn't seam to work well at stock numbers. But take that with a grain of salt as I'm a hack of a skier to start with.

• Baller
I had same thoughts. I ran a 67” stock and didn’t care for it. Went one hole forward and it was too sensitive and couldn’t keep it under me. Purchased g10 plate with microadjust over the winter and moved binding forward 1/16”. Lights out! Added 5 bouys and got into -38 for 1st time ever. I almost gave up and sent it down the road. Was on 2018 pro build before. Good luck.

• Baller
So what about rear binding relative to the front binding? I went back and checked all the measurements on my setup. I realized that my rear T Factor was one hole farther back from butted up against my front Reflex plate. Now my toes are just touching the back of my hardshell. Right? Wrong? Personal preference?

• Baller
While factory settings tend to work for the majority of skiers, some will want to explore alternative set ups to fine tune the ski for their unique build and style. My recommendation is to start with boot placement adjustments with no change to the fin. As @ColeGiacopuzzi mentioned, boots forward “locks” the tail in more (less tail slide thru the turn) and boots back “frees” the tail. This is due to how much ski there is behind your feet and the leverage or hold that creates. A ski that has too much tail slide will finish the turn pointed 90 degrees to the course (which feels great) but this set angle can not be held due to the downcourse running boat. A ski that has too little tail slide will feel stuck on rails that do not allow the skier to ski “early enough” to complete the course. I prefer to run my boots as far forward as I can and still make balanced, consistent, upcourse turns. I’d recommend staying 1/4” forward or back of factory recommended boot location for the majority of skiers. Once I find my ideal boot location, I will ski for some sets there and see if I adjust to the way the ski rides. If further customization is necessary, then I’ll adjust the fin.

• Baller

As an update to this based on the advice given I set the ski back to factory numbers and gave it a bit more time. After a few more sets things improved dramatically. It was an entirely new setup and it took me a while to zero in on a slightly misfitting ARTP. I swapped on my old ARTP and it instantly felt better. After that I spent a little time breaking in the new ARTP and by the end of summer everything felt good. With the new BOA ARTP I was initially having difficulties getting my back foot in as far forward as I would like, combine the wider stance with my bad form and I had trouble getting the tip to come down like I wanted.

All is good now. Love the new ski and I know better than to change ski and bindings all at once but the 22 pro and new vapor boot were both just to shiny to leave alone.