Fin Help with 2021 Radar Vapour

Fjeff

• Baller

I purchased a 2021 Radar Vapour at the end of last season. I haven't skied many sets this year but when I do I consistently run my normal score of 2 @ 38 off @ 55 mph on my Goode Flextail. I am left foot forward and I have 5 sets recently on my 2021 Vapour and I can't turn the ski at 2, 4, 6. If I wait for the ski to finish the turn, it feels like I am turning an 18 wheeler, if I push on the ski the tail blows out (consistently 1.5 or 3.5 at 35 off).

I have never been one to change my fin and bindings, I always put my binding (Powershells) and fin at stock and I have never had an issue with my previous 3 Goodes.

Is there a sheet that someone could post explaining how, if you change your fin and bindings, the affect the movements will have on the skis performance.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Baller
That graphic holds a ton of info. Probably too much for someone who has never adjusted the fin. There is an entire book on fin adjusting, “Fin Whispering” that is a good read and makes a lot of sense of that graphic. When you look at that graphic you see that settings like “short and deep” or “long and shallow” are balancing different pluses and minuses of each adjustment setup

• Baller

Sell your radar, buy another goode. Radar works great on stock settings, if it doesn't work for you move on to something else. I love my radar vapor, tried the goode XTR and 9970 neither worked better for me. Not every ski can work for everybody. Skiing life is too short to mess around IMO.

Cheers

Ali