Shortline Record Tournament?

VermontSkier

• Supporting Member

Good luck Joel!

He actually talked about his binding setup at the last pro tour stop and it basically came down to "Don't Try This at Home." He's doing some aggressive experiments that may lead to running -41 and may eventually lead to some commercial boot designs. But right now he seems very aware that he is test piloting something rather dangerous.

It's hard to make big advancements in certain areas unless you have a few people willing to try something dangerous. So that's great, but us ordinary folks shouldn't be emulating any aspect of his setup just yet.

• Baller
I'm a huge Joel Howley fan, and I'm confident we're all in agreement that experimentation is a key part of development, but what I'm not clear on in this case is what's the goal? It's obvious that running 41 can be done in rubber bindings or hard shells and all in between, which means shots at 43 have also been run in all the same. So it's a given you don't need a shin high boot to do either. I'm equally confident that Joel agrees that inescapable bindings tightened with a drill are not safe nor recommended. So again I'm back to what's the goal here? Again, if it's to run more buoys (41 & 43) it's already being done with safer proven methods.