2014 Prostar 5.7L fuel pump & technical data

Timber

• Baller

Hi,I tried unsuccessfully to find technical data on web1- Spark plug number and gap2- Fuel filter(s) specs3- Trans oil type

I'm supposed the main fuel filter is in the fuel tank. I found a video on Youtube from an other MC model... Is there a second filter? And when we need to change de main one? I saw somewhere on an other blog that we need to replace it each 100 hours! It seems excessive to me especially if there a second one.

The transmission in 2014 was very noise. I remembered the dealer change my oil transmission for a higher viscosity oil like 20W40. What is your experience and recommendation?

Thanks for your help

• Baller

There is no fuel filter, except for a mesh screen on the bottom of the fuel pump, which sits on the bottom of the tank. At 400 hours on my 2015, I haven't even considered checking it.. maybe this winter.

Spark plugs are ACDelco 41-101. They're iridium plugs and the gap is set; they're plug-and-play.

Ilmor updated their recommended trans fluid to Rotella T4 15w-40 diesel engine oil on the ZF/Hurth 45A trans. This is the same as the current recommended engine oil for the 5.7MPI.

If your 2014 has the 63A trans, or whatever they used before the 1.26:1 45A, I'm not certain what oil is recommended, if different. The 15-40 Rotella did quiet down my 45A.

• Baller

Actually.....the pressure regulator has a fuel filter in it. I don't know that there is any recommended replacement of that from Mastercraft. Its irrelevant if you have the older fuel pump modules branded Millinium industries, as there is no pressure regulator to replace it with. If you have the Milllinium pump modules whether that filter fills up and you get reduced flow, or more commonly, the pressure regulator doesn't maintain pressure the way it should, you'll have to purchase a whole new pump module for $800 or so. There is a pressure regulator kit for the newer branded TI fluid pumps for about $150. (the 2 pumps have the same manufacturer model # and same MC part # (except the newer pumps may be notated with a PRINTED "A" at the end of the MC part#....mine has a written in "A" but is still a Millinium pump with no pressure regulator replacement available) ....TI Fluid purchased Millinium Industries.)

• Baller

the spark plug gap is 0.60 and should already be set from the factory as stated above.ZF specifies Dextron III for the transmission fluid. Yes, Ilmor updated the factory fill to the Rotella T4 15W-40. However, last I checked directly with ZF, they only recommend Dextron III. You will get plenty of opinions on this one. I'd say do whatever makes you comfortable & make sure to flush thoroughly if you change from one to the other.