Submersible course inflation pump recommendations

Cnewbert

• Baller

Does anyone use an AC powered inflation pump for their submersible course, assuming the air line fill valve is located on a dock with AC power available? If so, do you have any specific recommendations regarding a reliable make and model? Thanks.

• Baller_

Are you looking for a pump with or without a pressure tank ? There is skier in Minnesota who has been running a course for many decades. He uses a common air compressor with a pressure tank in a shed on shore. He controls the inflation and deflation with electric air valves, pressure switches and a programmable industrial control processor. A remote car starter adapted to initiate up and down.It doesn't have to be that complex to get started. Unless you have an established plan he might be able to steer you in materials selections piping etc for long term durability. Send a message if you would like his contact information. When you have a setup like this for many years, he has learned over time.

• Baller

looking for without. Currently we inflate it using 2 seven gallon portable air tanks which we previously had to carry out to the course in the boat to the air line fill valve. Recently the owner extended to fill line to his dock. But it’s a long walk to the house to the air compressor to carry the tanks. So we’re just looking for a simple diaphragm air pump to inflate the course directly from the pump, something small and compact that we can keep at the dock. The MN guy’s system sounds overly complex as you noted. Seems like a simple and cheap tire inflation pump would do the job.

we have one of Wally’s older 12V pumps for inflate/deflate. Works well, though slow, but can be used from a boat. Slow is good, but only to a point. Since the dock has AC and the air line has now been extended to the dock, we’d like to find an AC diaphragm pump that would take less time to raise the course. For the reason you stated, we’re not looking for a compressor.

• Baller

I have used a few portable different 12VDC compressors over the past 20 years bought at Walmart or Harbor Freight etc. Doesn't seem to matter on brand. They last a few years and then self destruct. To speed the process up I always started with a 9 gallon air tank filled in the garage to max, then hooked up the compressor. I also have a scientific diaphragm pump I use to remove water from the lines occasionally. Can be used to fill also but max is 10psi. Now days I use a small 120V pancake compressor and run it off power up at the house supplied by extension cords. The compressor remains on shore with a 50' air hose running out to the dock course connection.

• Baller

kind of what I was thinking re: the cheapos. Even if you just get a couple of years out of one, it’s probably worth the money. I thought this one might be serviceable. It’s AC or DC. The flow rate is about 5 gallons a minute and has a digital auto pressure shut off feature. At 80 bucks it doesn’t have to last forever. We have an older Wally pump that can remove water if/when necessary.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VWKMMJV?psc=1&ref_=cm_sw_r_mwn_ct_GT0TE55G7RY7GWC6VTF6

• Baller

My cheap 1 gallon 1/3 hp Hyper Tough 120V pancake is the best one for the buck so far. Has been running 5 years now. Thought it was dying this spring but ended up a few bolts had to be tightened. Still runs like new! Think it cost $45 at the time. Takes 15 minutes to raise course with a manageable rate that won't blow the bladders. My last 12V battery powered was a Slime product.

• Baller

I know it isn't exactly what you asked, but a small compressor with a regulator and a Belimo valve connected to a WiFi outlet makes for a slick solution. Activate the course (turn on 120v outlet) on my phone and 10m later the course is ready. When I am done deactivate the course (turn off 120v outlet) and the valve changes and air is released.

• Baller

how cool is that! If I owned the course I might follow that up. But I only helped install this one, contributing just time, labor and some minor components and expense. The pool in our house we just sold ran off my iPhone. The app controlled the temperature, the lights, the waterfall and the bubbler. You could run all this from anywhere with WiFi, so I’m partial to that kind of solution.