kids need other kids - or similar

Horton

• Administrators

There are a lot of topics around being a ski Mom or Dad. My hot button is that to keep kids interested they need other kids. All the coaching or gear in the world is not going to help if a Jr wants to be somewhere else.

Any of you from NorCal? Lets get our kids together. Post here or email me Horton@BallOfSpray.com

The second best thing that I have found is highschool or college kids who want to ski ( for free ) in exchange for nanny duties. Whatever it takes to keep my ( or yours ) little one entertained at the lake. I have actually had really good luck with this for the last 3 summers but since I mobved there are not any college teams to recruit from.

How do you do it? Do your kids want to ski with my kid? Know any nanny types?

• Like 1

• Baller

No college teams in NorCal?  Are the Chico, Sac and Davis teams that far gone?  (That sucks.)  

I agree with the premise.  We are lucky there's a great group of Juniors at our lake as well as an ASU connection now.  Fortunately they all get along, have fun, ski together, and also do a lot more than just ski together during the summer.   

Edited by jjackkrash

• Administrators

@jjackkrashNo those teams are doing great. The problem ( for me ) is that is that for anyone at Davis or Sac, Bell Acqua is closer than my lake. Chico is way north.

I am 1 hour south of Sac & about an hour from San Jose. It was easy when I was in Bakersfield because I skied a few hundred yards from where UCLA skis. Their water was greenish brown and mine was blue...