Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

There are suddenly boats for sale

Horton

• Baller
22 hours ago, Mastercrafter said:

Details?.. and how good of a deal? I'd PM you but Ball of Spray isn't currently working on desktop Chrome, and this thread is hidden on mobile Chrome.

@horton, are there others with this issue? It's like two totally different forums depending on my device. 

500 hours loaded asking

57k have a little room to

dicker.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Baller
5 hours ago, chaloux said:

https://www.ski-it-again.com/php/skiitagain.php?endless=summer&topic=Search&category=Boat_3Event&postid=66260

I want this, badly. Healthy price drop recently. Anyone know how much it costs to add a tower after the fact? I probably don't want to know...

I keep staring at that one, too!  Lots of hours for a 2 year old boat, but the price certainly reflects it.  Very tempting!

• Baller
1 hour ago, RAWSki said:

Great Boat we ski it alot  super easy to put a tower on this.  

Just how many ski boat do you have? CP,Nautique,MC ...

Love the color of the MC!

Edited by Andre
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Baller
6 hours ago, RAWSki said:

Great Boat we ski it alot  super easy to put a tower on this.  

This is yours? Man it's even the right colour(s), and deckadence, and 2x racks. I love it. The hours don't scare me at all... I've owned classic Audis 😂 

Unfortunately I'm building a very large garage with living quarters above (to store my future boat). Priorities... Ugh

• Baller
17 hours ago, Andre said:

Just how many ski boat do you have? CP,Nautique,MC ...

Love the color of the MC!

Andre, just 2 club boats and 2 personal boats!  But it looks like the CP is sold, darn gonna miss that little blue tug, great wakes and so much fun to drive.

• Like 2

• Baller

In the past week I've seen a lot of boats for sale by owner on groups that I follow on Facebook. Those boats listed have the priced for quick sale language or reduced price. The tide is turning in the boating world. Keep in mind most of these boats I'm seeing are wake barges. I was in a boat dealer's shop yesterday and it was full of surf boats. It's almost July and they have a bunch of inventory. I'm guessing that the interest rate hike is really taking a bite out of demand. Hard to justify an 8% or higher interest rate on a 300k boat that depreciates.

• Like 2

• Baller

Here is an interesting 2005 206 that has been sitting untouched for 12 years.

work. This boat sat in a completely enclosed boat house for 12 years. and now just pulled it out to clean it up and sell. The vinyl was terrible but just needed cleaning So unbolted every piece out of the boat and did some serious cleaning. They all look brand new. I would say above 99% It has a PCM Chevy 5.0 With PCM tranny

https://www.planetnautique.com/vb5/forum/nautique-topics/general-nautique-discussion/666773-2005-206-for-sale-but-don-t-know-what-it-s-worth

• Baller

Definitely not the same hull as the 196 (or just Ski Nautique as they were called then). Maybe more like the 206 before there was an official 206? Someone with much more knowledge than me can confirm.

Noticed it says no trailer. That might account for a few dollars.

Edited by tjs1295
  • Like 1

• Baller

the Sport Nautique is about 2 feet longer, a bit wider and a couple hundred pounds heavier than a SN 196. The wakes are a bit larger, especially at speeds less than 34 mph. It would be wise to ski it before purchasing. Very well built family inboards but not for serious tournament skiers. Good for wakeboarding, surfing and recreational skiing purposes, especially on larger public lakes. Bear in mind you’ll pay about $4k or more for a trailer.

• Baller
2 hours ago, Wish said:

$4k+ for a trailer?? Nah. Maybe $2k. 

That sport is a fine boat, problem is, its no good at anything. Yeah, it could be a ski boat, but it likely has all digital gauges that are shot by this point, likely 5.8 (hard to get parts), and the wake, well, not good.  Unfortunately, even though that hull was the original Air Nautique and then later Pro Air Nautique, it's really not a good wakeboard boat either.  But it's a heck of a run around boat for 11k.  

$2,000 for a trailer?  Please provide a link.  Current trailer prices will blow your mind.  

Edited by buechsr

• Baller

@MitchellM Congrats! That thing looks awesome. 

@Wish I get what you're saying, but I would be punched in the face if I told any coworker or friend that they ONLY have to spend $5K to buy a ski boat. And they better be good with carburetors because it "needs some fine tuning", whatever the hell that means. I always believe that just because you can purchase something, it doesn't mean you can actually afford to own it. The used (not new) Ski Nautiques and ProStars listed around here cost less than most of the homes they own. Just yesterday, I was made to feel like an elitist jerk by a coworker because I buy beans in a can instead of dry beans in a bag. Maybe I need to hang out/work with a different crowd?

Edited by tjs1295
  • Like 1

• Baller

Yeah, @tjs1295 sounds like youre around a tough crowd.   First as relates to beans in a can, it sounds more elitist to say you should buy your beans in a bag.  They sound way too "natural".

But as to boat pricing,  they obviously aren't interested in any kind of boating if 5K sounds offensive to them.  What would be a good price for them to get into a boat?  Other than a row boat, of course.

Find new friends or avoid discussing the subject.  Talk to them about how much beer they consumed over the weekend.

• Like 1

• Baller

@LeonL I love it, and you're absolutely correct!! I definitely avoid the topic. My boss was talking about wake boats the other day and said "those things are like $100,000!". His head almost exploded when I told him how much they really cost. This was right after the release of the new Paragon models/prices. It's also totally relative. I get that. I bet the people on the yacht and private jet forums are wondering why everyone doesn't get one when you can get into the game for only a million or two.  

• Like 1

• Baller

I have this 1991 Brendella for sale in Arvin Ca. Has lived it’s whole life on the same lake with 3 owners. . 1180 hours on a Ford 351 with perfect pass. It’s such a nice little boat that I haven’t really been trying to sell it even though it hasn’t been used for the past 5 years. $5000 OBO 
AA2F3287-31F6-4C80-B02C-F6D1DCB46272.png

• Like 1

• Baller

I might ending up selling it to a college kid at our tournament this weekend somewhere a lot closer to $3000. Could  even sweeten up the deal with a free 2018 Vapor. But one thing they aren’t getting is the free pair of socks that came with the new Vapor 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Administrators

if I had a use for that old Brendella... super great trick wakes and fun slalom boats if your standard is the 1990s. Good memories.

• Like 1

• Baller
On 10/29/2023 at 4:20 PM, Horton said:

@Andre repower plus zero off and run that baby for 15  years...

@Hortonthat boat has an Excalibur. No need to repower. $5,000-ish will get you in a ZO boat for just under $20k. I did that in my 02 196 and I swear it’s the best slalom boat I’ve ever owned. It may be closer to $6,000 now (inflation). I sent that listing to one of our guys looking for a boat the day it showed up on SIA

• Like 2