Slalom Course Buoy Magnets

RT1

• Baller

OK, first off, I have a 1987 MasterCraft Pro Star 190 PS that I bought new and I installed Perfect Pass when it first came out.  Looking for creative ideas for attaching the magnets to an existing slalom course without taking it apart.  Ever year I usually run a couple of long tywraps through the center of the magnet and then use a couple of other short tywraps to attach it just under the buoy.  The attached picture should give you an idea of what I have been doing.   Any better ideas?  

Magnet.jpg

• Baller

Allowing the magnet to float against the bottom of the buoy is kinda hazardous. A knot in your bungee or rope that goes through the magnet will keep it lower aand out of the way.

• Like 2

• Baller

install a small brass metal clip at the pvc, attach a short line to your magnet that has a brass clip on the other end of it.  Just clip it to the clip on the PVC.  Agree with @leonl on having it a a good bit lower than the ball you should still pick it up on your sensor.  

• Baller

@Wish anchored.  @6balls That sounds like a really good idea.  I used to be the one to install the new buoys every year, but last year some others did that and I think they used some bungee cords to attach from the anchor to the buoy .  I'll check for sure the next time out.  The lake at full pool at the island end is a little over 6 feet deep, but gets progressively deeper and is somewhere between 10 and 12 feed at the starting gate on the other end, It's somewhat more shallow at the far end pre gates.  When I used to hang the buoys we did the rope with a brick on it that ran through a loop off of the bottom of the buoy, so I always every year attached  the magnets to the rope without any issues.  It's just somewhat time consuming to install them and then remove them at the end of the year, so I am looking for another option.  The older I get the less I like diving to the bottom no matter how deep it is.  Thanks a bunch for the replies.