Help Please - Course Parts and Install

lw_moskier

• Baller

Doing some research on permanent anchored course installation and I need some help.  

1. Edbrazil had spoke of an "Anchor Wanker" but the posts that I found no longer contain photos.  Can anyone help by sharing either; an actual photo, a creative illustration, or paint me a good mental picture using words?

2. Where is the best place to source crab bouys to be used as sub's?  I found them on West Marine and I imagine they are probably as competitive as most at $5.29 each but thought I would ask.   

3. Lastly, I'm looking for a plastic hook that could be used from the surface bouy line to connect at the sub bouy that could serve as a good break away point if the surface bouy line was to be grabbed somehow by lake debris, fisherman, or a random Wally out there.  Our anchors will be about 100 pounds and submerged into silt at a depth of around 12'.  I have a picture of this hook that I'm trying to find but for the life of me I cannot figure out how to upload a .png or .jpeg.  Only option is to insert an image that comes from a URL and the problem is that I can't find this particular hook on the internet.  

• Baller

@lw_moskier 100 lbs anchors are going to be too light. You will loose 30% of weight when submerged in water. So 100 LBS will only be approximately 70 LBS. 

If you have a silt or mucky type bottom you may get way with the lighter anchors. But heavier is better. Skier to skier has been sold to another company many years ago. Not sure if the link works or not but if the link works they are a great place for clips. Otherwise try Wally skier.   Once the blocks are in place stake them into the bottom with rebar.