Trailer SN 196 vs. 206

Spuddy

• Baller

Does anyone know if the Ramlin trailers used for the SN 196 '97 - '09 are the same size as the 206? I know it's a foot longer just wondering if a trailer for a 196 will fit a 206 and vice versa. 

Thanks, 

• Baller

I don’t have an answer for you, but if you can be more specific on what year/model trailer and boat, you might get a response.  

Did you try asking your question on PlanetNautique?  The guy that runs it might know if Ramlin ever had a multi purpose trailer that covered both models.

Also, that’s a wide range of years your looking at, and in that time span the wetted surface of the 196 hull has changed multiple times, which could change how the bunks are laid out.

the bigger challenge with putting a 196 on a 206 trailer or vice versa is getting it properly centered from a weight distribution perspective, and making sure the propeller doesn’t hit the front of the prop cage by being too far forward.

I personally always put a trailer under my Nautiques that are designed for them. When I bought a used 2006 196 SN awhile ago, it didn’t have a trailer, so I had a new one built for it.

how do you plan on using it?

• Baller

My 08 Ramlin single axle trailer had 6 in of adjustment on the bow bumper post. My 196 rode at the back set of holes. I believe the 206 hull's extra length was toward the bow. The forward set of holes may work, leaving the boat correctly set over the axle. 

• Baller

Thanks for the info. I currently have a '97 196 and it has a single axel trailer and was looking at an '06 206 for sale with an dual axel. I don't trailer at all (a few KM to the ramp and back twice a season)  and my understanding is that is moving a dual axel is not as easy and we have a tight space to get into our boat house so need the manoeuvrability of a single axel. 

So long story short just wondering if I can put a 206 on a single axel. I will have to look at our bow bumper to see what set of holes it is set on. 

Thank you,