Senate Pro to Denali C85?

OKSkier

• Baller_

The Senate is a slightly wider version of the Vapor. I went from a 2020 Vapor to a 2021 c85. The transition was seemless.  I stand  on the ski just like I stood on the Vapor. Everything the Vapor did well, the C 85 does a little better. I doubt you’ll have any difficulties whatsoever switching to a C85, assuming of course that you aren’t changing bindings at the same time. Change one or the other, but not both at the same time. 

• Like 1

Lpskier

• Baller

So I did the opposite - I made the switch from a C85 to a Senate (22).  I'm 6'3' 205.  Before the C85 I rode a C75.  Radar and Denali both make excellent skis. 

I had a surgery last year that forced me to think about other skis. When I am skiing correctly the C85 has a lot of angle and acceleration (especially off the ball).  The Senate isn't as explosive as the C85 but it maintains speed more continuously throughout the course.  

I love my C85 but at least for me the Senate is slightly easier on my body if I get into trouble.

• Members

I made this switch last year. (2020 Senate Pro to C85). I ski in the same range as you. The C85 takes less effort and moves better with me. I find it gets me in better position from wake to ball (wider and slower) than I was able to achieve with the Senate.

• Baller

Thanks everyone - 34mph 210lbs - would I be on a Large Denali or XL?

Appreciate your comments - the Senate is such a solid platform - and easy to ski - hard to change.

But sometimes change is good etc.