Ski West Village To Host 2024 Goode Water Ski Nationals

rico

• Baller

https://www.usawaterski.org/news/2023/august/16/ski-west-village-to-host-2024-goode-water-ski-nationals

USA Water Ski & Wake Sports and the American Water Ski Association are pleased to announce the 82nd Goode Water Ski National Championships will be held August, 2024 at Ski West Village in Arvin, Calif. The nation’s top water ski athletes will compete for titles in slalom, tricks, jump and overall.

Ski West Village previously hosted the Nationals in 2006 and 2007, which marked the last time the world’s largest three-event water ski tournament was held in California. Ski West Village is a three-lake site outside of Bakersfield offering world-record capability conditions.

Advancement to the world’s largest three-event water ski tournament is primarily earned through placement on the national rankings list. Athletes also can qualify by placing in the top-five in the previous year’s event or at respective 2023 regional championships.

The first national championships was held in 1939 at Jones Beach in Long Island, N.Y. Except for three years during World War II (1942-1944), the Nationals has been held every year since 1939.

The agreement between the American Water Ski Association and Ski West Village is for the Nationals to be held at Ski West Village in 2024 and 2025. Ski West Village is located at 28311 Millux Road, Arvin, CA 93203.

Tournament information will be posted as it becomes available at www.waterskinationals.com.

Edited by rico
  • Like 3

• Baller

Awesome that @rico , @charlieskiwest and the rest of Ski West are hosting this event! This is some what a joke and somewhat serious. How many of those amazing lakes in a row in Arvin + close by will be available for practice? I know organizing the dozens of owners can and is a hard task not to mention boats, but would be cool for the greater Arvin ski community if they somehow all opened their doors to the nation to stop in for practice or demo lakes for ski brands. Hell I might come for the week if I knew I could ski a hand full and still help with the tournament some. 

• Baller

@MattP it will be dry compared to  Okeeheele but hot, so we may elect to start early, finish early and run practice on all 3 lakes. 

Practice is a good share of our income and we will not have any official practice on other lakes.

All lakes around are private and you would need to connect with an owner to get a ride.

If you want to come early and help out we will definitely hook you up!

• Like 2

• Baller

I agree with @MattP  It would be great if there was an option for visitors to ski who aren't competing in nationals.  Maybe some of the owners on the lakes that aren't being used will pull skiers?  My son will be competing and if I come there to watch in person, I sure would love to get a set (or 2 or 3) in while I'm there!  Happy to pay for gas or work in exchange for ski pulls. :-) 

• Baller

@disland we are doing online practice only. No tickets can be purchased onsite. Slots will be available online, where skiers will have to pick a lake, and a time slot. We will have slots for different ramp heights and boats....

Getting practice boats is really challenging, and we are working on it to get the best possible boats. 

• Like 2

• Baller

@TLE We will have RV spaces available but there is no camping available onsite. There is a lot adjacent to  Ski West that may offer camping. We are confirming in the next few weeks.

• Like 1

• Baller

Our Ski West Nationals Warm Up tournament is officially full as of today. I don't think this ever happened to us in January before. Hopefully a good sign for a great Nationals.

• Like 1

• Baller

If you are talking about renting an RV / Trailer and have it dropped off and picked up at Ski West, this will be available. If you just want to put your tent on the grass, we are trying to organize now.

• Like 1