Connelly Concept?

75Tique

• Baller

Someone in my neighborhood has a new in box connelly concept with boot and RTP for $125.  Im happy with my older Radar Senate Alloy, but a ski bud is on an ancient (90s) heavy ski, forget the  brand, HO maybe?)  Is the concept a decent ski?  He's coming along in the course, making -15/30 mph.  I see the concept advertised for mid $500s for a blank (tho $359 on amazon with boot and RTP) which kind of gives me some Idea of the calibre of the ski (maybe not quite up to par with a new Senate Alloy?  Should he grab it?

• Baller

The Concept  a good rec ski and ok for anyone learning and entry into a course . If it’s the right size for him at $125 it’s a screaming deal I’d say buy regardless. One of my daughters rode a Concept for a few years 

Edited by MDB1056

• Baller

If he's on a tight budget that's a great deal to develop his skills on, especially if it comes with the front boot and RTP.  If he has a little bigger budget a ski like the Connelly V would be a better fit if he's been skiing on a Senate Alloy. 

• Baller
13 minutes ago, BraceMaker said:

Thats always a good question Connelly made a ton of these skis 

I bought my daughter a new Connelly Carbon V a few years ago that had been sitting in a warehouse after a watersports shop went out of business.  At that point, the only changes to the Carbon V were cosmetic, so I was happy with the $100 price tag.  The ski has changed quite a bit since then with the addition of the versa-tail.