Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Boot Setup Question

CGSki

• Baller

I am changing from an old Vector binding to the new Vapor boot.  Due to the different shape of the plate, I can't get my RTP as close to the back of the new boot as it used to be.  With the front boot in the stock location, the RTP is maybe 3/8" further back.  

I gather that the most important thing is front boot location.  How important is the reltaive position of the toe loop?  I could probably take out the dremmel and modify the plate to get it closer, but I'd rather not.

Thanks.

• Baller

Can you post a picture? What kind of Rtp are you using? On some plates, you can move the rubber loop on the plate, in your case forward. Radar aluminum adjustable rtp… you can also move the footbed and loop on the plate and any other you can cut off a little from the front of the plate like 1/4” so that the rtp can sit closer to the front boot. Or just try as is and see… maybe more distance is better.

• Baller_

Don’t be afraid of using a file or dremmel to get your bindings where you want them. If you do, though, you may want to use a lock washer to avoid slippage. 

It is possible that you can move the location of the binder on the plate. If the plate isn’t pre drilled, you could drill it yourself. 

Lpskier

• Baller

It does not appear that I can move the footbed on the plate.  But on further inspection, I think the plate is just plastic, should be easy to trim the front tabs and move it up.  
thanks for the input. 

IMG_6323.jpeg