New Slalom Ski?

paudashskier

Hello!

I'm 41 M, 180 lbs, skiing on a 2012 67" Prophecy.  I ski at 34 MPH and am hitting my 28' off pass about 50% of the time.  I love my ski, but I'm wondering if my ski is not a good fit for the line length and speed combination that I'm skiing at.  Would I be better off on something like a Radar Senate that's a bit wider?  It's difficult for me to test ride skis because there aren't any places nearby that offer that.

Thank you.

• Administrators

@paudashskier

that old prophecy was a fun ski back in the day but honestly compared to the current stuff it really just doesn't compare. If you're running 28 half the time and are looking at Radar I would have you try a Vapor first. The Senate is awesome and it might be the best selling ski in the sport, but given a choice, the Vapor is a superior product.

• Like 4

• Baller

Consider a newer Connelly too.  A later model GT, a GTR, or DV8 May also be to your liking . Very deep riding, narrower shape than others . Aggressive skis. The grip is amazing .   Lots of great options for you with any of the top manufacturers. 

Thanks everyone!  

I really appreciate the different suggestions.  I've looked at the DV8, but I do think I want to move away from that "deep ride" style because I think it may be contributing to my bad habits of riding on the tail.  I'll have to see if I can find a way to give the Goode and D3 a try!

Love the graphic!  I'll show it to my wife 🙂