Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

Next ski

schuba

• Baller

Hello All. Looking to try a Goode ski and wondering the best fit. 190 lbs. and skiing 28 off at 34 and looking to progress. Been on a 67" 2019 Radar Senate Graphite and a 67" 2021 Connelly V the past couple years. Wondering if the Goode XTR CC at 67" is best to try. Any other recommendations? Not married to any one brand.  Thanks.

• Baller

At 180 lbs. we are pretty close in weight.  I would strongly suggest the Works 01.  Although 67 years old,  still skiing 34 mph and running 38 off on this ski.  Flat out the best ski I have ridden.  Give one a rip while you are in ski shape.  Go with stock settings on the 67 and be prepared for one awesome ride.  Good luck.

• Like 1

• Baller

From what you where on before and what you ski ... this  is a no  ?  Goode xtr cc wide ride !!

I have skied on seante before and I love the wide ride ... and you should not worry about progressing I see know reason can't get into 35 with my ski . I ski right about where you are and the ski is fantastic ...

• Baller
50 minutes ago, markn said:

At 180 lbs. we are pretty close in weight.  I would strongly suggest the Works 01.  Although 67 years old,  still skiing 34 mph and running 38 off on this ski.  Flat out the best ski I have ridden.  Give one a rip while you are in ski shape.  Go with stock settings on the 67 and be prepared for one awesome ride.  Good luck.

Thanks Markn. Curious what other skis you have ridden lately to compare.

• Baller
46 minutes ago, 34mph said:

From what you where on before and what you ski ... this  is a no  ?  Goode xtr cc wide ride !!

I have skied on seante before and I love the wide ride ... and you should not worry about progressing I see know reason can't get into 35 with my ski . I ski right about where you are and the ski is fantastic ...

Thanks 34 mph. I am assuming at my weight the 66" wide ride? With the Senate and Connelly both at 67", the length seems good, with the Senate riding higher and the Connelly riding lower and seems a bit more solid in the turns to me.

• Baller

At 185 Lbs I ski the 68" Xtr, ski turns… I used to ride the 66" XT which was the size that it is called the 67" now and I had to keep my weight below 180 to ski without loosing to much energy at each pass. I moved to the 66.75" XT now called the 68" and it was the right size. So naturally I bought the 68" XTR CC.  Ski is very good but in my opinion a tiny little slower cross corse than the XT. 
The XTR is… was one of my favorite skis, you can’t go wrong with that ski,  only size wise…

I ski on a 67 Neo2 right now, which I like a lot and ski really good on it, have also kept the XT and I like that too. Can ski good on both.

• Baller

@DWI did do a evaluation write up of the Works 01, but in summary, to me, no matter what you do, there is more ski than skier.  The two things it does better than previous skis, at least to me are 1.  ski can roll on a very deep edge for tighter radius turns and 2. despite being able to keep tip deep in turn, there is no loss of speed while gaining more cross-course angle out of the turn. Consistent and reliable on and off-side turns.  It requires less effort than the Pro as well, but the pro gives you some crazy good off side turns.  Very much liked all the Omegas I rode, but there is no doubt the 01 is an improvement over all of them.  

• Thanks 1

• Baller
9 hours ago, DW said:

@markn - how does the Works 01 compare to the Syndicate Pro or based on your suggestion, what does it do better? Thx.

@schuba - that would be a great choice, the cc versions are excellent.   My 9970cc is amazing.

Thanks DW. I seem to hear more about the XTR CC Wide Ride than the standard XTR CC. Curious if anyone has tried both and their assessment. I am 63 and not quite ready to back off being fairly aggressive while not getting injured 😉 .