S Lines handle unboxing

Horton

• Baller

Do these handles have the "anti-roll" characteristics?  I've been using the ergo radius handle for years, and when I ski with a regular handle I immediately notice the handle rolling.  I haven't tried a regular ML handle that claims to be anti-roll.

• Baller
20 minutes ago, Sethro said:

Do these handles have the "anti-roll" characteristics?  I've been using the ergo radius handle for years, and when I ski with a regular handle I immediately notice the handle rolling.  I haven't tried a regular ML handle that claims to be anti-roll.

An anti-roll handle is in the works...

• Like 1

• Baller

Really good video, answered all my questions. I don't get on with the full radius but miss the benefits, I like the idea of the Kinked handle. After watching this video I had the answers so I ordered one. The new toys are lining up, starting to get that pre season excitement starting to build somewhere way way down deep inside...............

• Like 1

• Baller

I got Scott to send me a handle just as they were appearing on the website. I started using it in Oct 2022. My wife and I share a handle and when in Maine, friends use it too. It gets a lot of use. 

From a durability standpoint, it has withstood the abuse better than I expected (especially for a gen 1 product). I don't see any wear on the rope. The rubber has some indents from where I grip, but, again, not that bad for over 1 year of heavy use. 

I will order another (soon). 

• Like 1

• Baller

Can someone that has both an curved (radius) S-Lines handle and a curved (radius) Masterline handle confirm the following;

The Masterline radius handles I have used seem to have a gentle almost continuous curve to them. Looking at a still shot in the above video it appears that the S-lines radius handle has more of a noticeable bend/kink in one spot in the middle of the handle. Is there an actual difference? A still shot of both the handle brands stacked on top of each other would be nice to see. Anyone?

Thanks in advance.

• Like 1

• Administrators

@Dacon62

I don't think it makes a difference. it looks different but in your hands and for your joints I think it's all the same

• Like 1

• Baller

I didn’t want to ask or make the observation regarding what I was really after but guess I need to. 
You have an aluminum bar that has a slow continuous bend vs an aluminum bar that has a distinct bend point. 
The bar that has a slow continuous bend will have less of a chance of a repetitive use metal fatigue failure because a distinct bend point is more prone to stress breakage. The forces applied during skiing may not be great enough to cause one handle to fail earlier than the other. But it is probable. 

• Baller

@Dacon62 Sorry for the slow response. Catching up from the holiday. Attached is an image of our straight and bent handles next to each other. Both are 13" x 1.000". We don't have any other handle brands in the shop. If we get one in to re-string we can provide a side by side. I hope this provides a reference point. 

Regarding the curve we focused on a bend that creates a longer flat spot for grip as opposed to a continual curve where your hand might not make full contact with the bar. We can machine another fixture that creates the continuous bend if the market calls for it.

Regarding strength of the bent bar, I am not a metals expert but have some background knowledge and worked extensively with our tooling shop to while testing products. Aluminum is a malleable metal that can be bent. Aluminum in general tends to bend before breaking. A bend in most metals will weaken it as it breaks up the molecules. Factors affecting this include the bend, number of times bent and the strength of the material. We bend the bars only once in a press using a machined fixture with a hard stop to prevent over bending so the angle has as little affect as possible. We have not done extensive test comparisons but so far have not had an issue. The bend angle of curved waterski handles is not super aggressive. 

If you have any other questions please feel free to shoot us an email anytime.

Ski it up!

handle.jpg

• Like 4