WTB - Fischer #1 - 66"

monkey

• Baller

Massive long shot here but thought id throw out a line, i used to have a Fischer #1 blue 66" ski back in like 2010 when i was still doing 3 event competition skiing and it was and still is the best / my most favourite ski i have ever used (i loved how fast it was), unfortunately after about 3-4 months of heavy training and competition use i had huge crash during a tournament (think cart wheels on top of the water style and ended up unconscious in the water) but for some stupid reason my double boot hardshell system didn't release and somehow managed to snap the ski in half. 
As i needed a new ski asap i got a sixam ss 66" which i wanted to try also (decently fast ski) with the idea of it being more of a temporarily thing until i could get another Fischer, long story short i never managed to get ahold of another one before nationals and i was also getting good performances outta the sixam ss - then i got badly injured / finished school and moved outta home = Stopped competing. 

Well luckily for me my parents have moved up to the river from the country so the boats now only a 30min drive away for me and theres a slalom course down there!

Probably absolutely no chance but if anyone has a Fischer still or knows anyone that has one and its still like new / of good quality, id love to buy it off them! 
Preferably, ideally i want another 66" one and if its either the yellow/orange one even better as i understand they are both stiffer versions - potentially quicker than the blue one, but also at this point if by some chance im even able to find one left out in the wild i probably wont care which version it is! 

as ive been out the game for 10 years (competition wise, still had a few skis when i could) if i cant find one or anyone has any recommendations of something newer that rides similar or an upgraded newer type version let me know! I after something fast that i can really push and holds it edge hard like the fischer does, doesnt have to be super forgiving. ive still got my double boot hard shell system which id bang straight on whatever i end up geting.

Cheers ppl

• Like 2

• Administrators

2024 Radar Vapor is not exactly the Fischer but I think it's a logical transition and is a fantastic ski.

The other ski that I would consider that sort of has some of the attributes of the Fischer would be a Goode 9970.

of course there's a whole list of modern skis which are better than that stuff from 10 years ago.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@lpskier wrapped is made be SP  for Jodi Fisher. 
Razor is the mold of Fisher kind of next gen… 
San rival was also out of the same mold, but at double the price. 
I think Razor is still sold by Hotwater in Austria. 

I think @Horton’s suggestion of a 2024 Radar vapor is excellent, or a used 2022-23 if new is out of the question.

• Administrators

@skialex 

Fischer mold = Razor mold

Sans Rival mold <> Fischer mold 

both were pretty obviously a riff on 9100 shape

The Razor v2 was a solid ski I believe was stiffer than the old Fischer. I cannot vouch for versions three or four.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

@Horton I had a blue and a yellow Fischer when they came out. Really good skis, super solid quality. 
Schnitz was part of the development and had come to Greece a few times back then and to also promote them. 
secret was that it had come out and progressed from the9100. 
I have a like new condition yellow prototype in my collection. No windows at the tip and at least twice the amount of inserts or more, than normal…. Some friends moved to razor and loved that ski at the time.

don’t see any around anymore…

it’s been 15 years since the first came out…

• Baller_

@monkey - As Horton noted, I recommend the 9970cc Goode as it is an amazing ski.  When I tried the Fisher the characteristics were very Goode-esque so I believe you would be happy on one.  As with any new brand ski, try before you buy for best results.  If you are still in search of a Fischer, perhaps give Jodi Fischer a call and see if he might know where any are squirreled away.  Every once in a while I see one on Ski-it-Again.  Good luck.