Swiss Pro Slalom - Sunday, May 5th, 2024

Click Here for the webcast

When the desire to win exceeds logic

Horton

• Administrators

I was surfing F1 news for the first time in a long time and saw that Massa is considering legal action over a race result from 2008. It seems like he may have been legitimately screwed out of a world title 15 years ago. Even if you have been wronged it seems like there is a point where you have to let it go. To me this level of ultra-competitiveness is ugly. I do not see this a lot in water skiing but it is here and I hate it.   

Here is the link https://f1i.com/news/498575-smedley-backs-massas-right-to-appeal-2008-title-outcome.html

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller_

It’s surfacing now because Bernie E recently mentioned the race should have been voided per the rules which would have made Massa champion.  That little tidbit surfaced, ‘new info’ so here we go.

• Administrators

@DW

I understand where Felipe is coming from and if a championship was really stolen from him that is heartbreaking but it's 15 years later. If the team at Renault or Benetton cheated then they're just bad human beings but seriously 15 years later. Litigating the result now seems for posterous.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

Seems like Massa  has tunnel vision on this. Nobody agrees with him. He was a great driver, and had a lot of weird near-home runs. Everyone respects him ( until now perhaps). Related, Flavio Briatore (sp?) is a pure world class scumbag that ordered his driver to crash. He should be completely banned from the sport, pretty sure he's still Alonso's manager, which bums me out cuz I respect Alonso and I think Heidi Klum is pretty cool too. At least she divorced him.

• Baller
1 hour ago, Broussard said:

When you decide to jeopardize your entire career and reputation by crafting an elaborate system to decrease the width of the turn buoys in order to win and set records. 

This is what I thought it would be about when I read the title 

• Like 1