Where has the Fin DB App gone?

whitem71

• Baller

Not that I’m a Fin Nerd 🤓 but I’m pretty disappointed to see that my Fin Database App (iOS) has been removed from the App Store and it now won’t open on my iPhone. I’ve consequently lost all of my current and past fin settings…😱😱

Anyone know where it (and my data) is??!

• Like 1

• Baller

@whitem71mine doesn’t work either and I don’t upgrade if not needed. 
the message is that it has been removed from the AppStore. 
for me that I set up skis for a lot of people’s skis  and older models, was very useful. 
i hope it will come back.

Any advice on how to make it work again, if it’s on my end is vey welcome.

• Baller

@skialex @whitem71 If the the developer does not keep up his/her annual subscription to the Apple Developer program, then their apps are removed from the AppStore. However, apps already installed on users devices should continue to work as normal. If the developer's membership was part of an Enterprise Program, then users apps will only continue to work for 90 days after expiration.

It is possible also that users data is stored in the cloud using Apple services but I would have thought that unlikely.

Your best shot at retrieving your app is to contact the developer.

• Thanks 1

• Baller

I should also point out that both Android and iOS are making developers jump through more and more hoops to be allowed to provide apps via their online stores, mainly to do with data and user's privacy. It may well be that the latest iOS requirements were deemed too much by the developer and the decision was taken to discontinue the app.

• Baller

I checked my iPhone 13 on iOS 17.2.1 when this thread started and Fin DB V3 worked, my phone updated to iOS 17.3.1 last night and it still works, it could be as simple as rebooting your phoneNo description available.

• Baller

@Jtim3032 Sadly it seems this App is gone forever. My iPhone had offloaded it, which means when it tried to re-download it, it realised it was no longer available in the App Store. Guess I’ll have to either a) start from scratch or b) leave my fin alone now 🫣😆

• Thanks 1

• Administrators

How many users were there? Does anyone know? How did it work? Are there screen shots?

BallOfSpray is now built on a platform that is pretty darn flexible. I have a programmer working on a custom project right now.

The downside is nothing is free.  ( See donations link in my signature ) If this is something that sounds like a great idea but no one really uses it I am out.

• Thanks 1

• Baller

Definitely it’s the off loading. It works on my phone (which never off loads) but not in my iPad which off loads unused apps. 

• Thanks 1

Get high, Get fast, and do some good work.

• Baller

@Horton No idea how many users but I’m guessing a fair few as it was pretty useful. It gave a really handy log of your current and previous fin /binding settings (in my case over 18 months and multiple tweaks) together with an area to write notes about that setting/how it felt etc. Also allowed you to log all your previous skis and settings, together with the factory settings for that ski. And latterly it even introduced a community-style sharing option to compare your settings with others. Pretty cool.

If anyone knows the developers contact details, I’d be grateful 👍

• Baller

I use this app and had contact with Paul a few times when he was developing it his contact then was  paul@paulsantangelo.com 

It still works on my old ipad and my iphone13

• Thanks 1

• Baller

This app is still workfing with no issues on my iPhone ios17.3.1. 

@Horton it’s a useful app you can save multiple skis and all your settings and settings history with notes.  It also included a fin share option that could share your settings with other users. So you can see what others are using

IMG_9183.png