Sr Worlds Qualified list

Horton

• Administrators

Check out the Over 35 Men List! If most of the best guys on the list showed up it would be the most epic 55k showdown of all time.

image.png

Here is the rest of the list. http://www.iwsf.com/dbheadlines/headlinefiles/Provisional list of qualified Individuals 35+ Wolrd.pdf

• Administrators

I'm imagining a fantasy event where all those guys show up and 41 is run by more than 5 skiers. There would be an epic a pile-up between 1/4 at 43 and 1 1/2 at 43.

One can only dream...

• Like 3

• Baller_

When Sr. divisions / separate events are created one would not expect that most or best (Regina) competitors on the planet would be eligible.  Perhaps just indicates slalom is a sport where age is not the same delineator as other sports.  That said, quite the list of excellent skiers.

• Baller

The above email was sent February 2. Prior to the email announcing qualified skiers. Item 1 explains the expanded list for 35+ Mens Slalom ONLY, due to the inclusion of the pro skiers to this list. I’m  not sure when these skiers first appeared on this list. This may be the first time. In the past, you would only have been included on this list if you had skied a record tournament at 55k, whether in your age division, or Masters Men. 

• Like 1

• Administrators

I do think it would be super fun to see some of the best pro skiers have a shootout at 55k but honestly, I find it unlikely that any of the elite skiers will attend. 

More interesting is the question of whether it would be good for the event to have some elite skiers attend or not. I can argue both sides of the coin. It is the same problem as we have seen at various 55k specific events.

A possible edit to the format would be to let anyone ski in a younger category if they choose. The hopefully result is all the elite guys would ski in the 35-45 group and that becomes the big hitter group. That would keep skiers like @twhisper or @CParrish43 in the same group as Asher, Tgas, Caldwell, Parsons, and the other elite skiers.  By the time you get to the over 45 skiers, you really have all amateurs. 

Again I would be very surprised if anyone who has ever been on a podium at a pro event were to attend. 

Correction - under the current rules skiers may opt to ski in a younger division. So if all the elite skiers agreed to ski 35-45 it would be a logical format in my mind. Would be fun to watch.

• Baller
12 hours ago, Horton said:

Again I would be very surprised if anyone who has ever been on a podium at a pro event were to attend. 

Glenn Campbell will be skiing if not injured

• Administrators

@Cam

Glenn legit and is not to be underestimated. Let me rephrase.

I would be very surprised if anyone who has been on a podium at a pro event in the last 10 years were to attend. 

• Like 1