Ski Paradise Sold

• Baller

After several aborted attempts, Ski Paradise in Mulberry, FL has been sold. The buyer will develop it as an RV park. According to the site plan, almost the entire waterfront is RV sites, so it looks like the end of tournaments. However, the plan shows that the covered docks and boat ramp remain and ad copy talks about water skiing as an activity, so it looks like club use might continue. Haven’t heard from Stan or Donna. 

• Like 1

• Baller
6 hours ago, BKistler said:

After several aborted attempts, Ski Paradise in Mulberry, FL has been sold. The buyer will develop it as an RV park. According to the site plan, almost the entire waterfront is RV sites, so it looks like the end of tournaments. However, the plan shows that the covered docks and boat ramp remain and ad copy talks about water skiing as an activity, so it looks like club use might continue. Haven’t heard from Stan or Donna. 

If I’m not mistaken, the longest running water ski tournament in the country, the Lakeland Open, would be having its 77th annual this year which has been held at Paradise for some time.  Sure hope it continues.  

• Like 1

• Baller

RV park?  Back many years ago I would spend a week or so at Ski Paradise each spring in my motor home .  I spent very little time outside after dark.  Saw lots of big gators pulled out by gator hunters.

When you'd drop on the north end you'd see them lying on the reeds just sunning.

• Baller
4 hours ago, Stevie Boy said:

I wonder if the big Gators there were part of the deal 😀 apparently the one I got close to, was called Henry 🙄

About 3 years ago a 6 footer swam over about 20 feet from the starting dock when I had a daughter about to jump in for her set.  I’m not afraid of gators, but I was watching with interest!