USAWS Certified Drivers

ScarletArrow

• Baller

I'm interested in becoming a certified driver for AWSA...anyone here already certified?

I've checked the USAWS website and it seems the clinics are real sporadic and thin.

I've got a call into them, but I would be interested in hearing from anyone who has already travelled down the road.

Anthony

• Baller
You do not need a clinic to begin the process.  As I recall, you only need to complete an application process and some supervised training to become an assistant driver.   Talk to a rated driver in your area who can get you started.  They are listed by state in the usa waterski website.

• Baller

Arrow:

There is an application form on the USAWS website.  You have to perform some functions at tournaments as well as pull some skiers and have a Regular or Senior judge sign off on those pulls.  After completing the application, you must attend a driver's clinic.  There is a class room portion of the clinic and a practical portion (pulling skiers).  During the practical portion, you will be judged on your use of PP, boat path, times and general handling of the boat in a tournament setting.  I'm having a clinic at my site on September 22nd.  Don't know where you're located, but it may be one of the few opportunities this fall. 

jhd