Shreveport Secrets?

Horton

• Administrators
What is happening in Shreveport? A little birdie told me that two different things happened last week and Darwin said “Don’t tell Horton about this”.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

It pains me everytime Horton is right about something - no wing - it has possibilities.  Several of us played around with it this past weekend after Dawg had some success.  Given that he normally skis Open (36) the "no-wing at 34" makes sense.  It is a different sensation and will take some time to get used to but the width at 32 off (didn't cut to 35) was insane!  I have to get used to carrying the speed thru the turn but I see some benefit. 

One interesting note was the "buzz" coming from the fin.  Didn't notice it in the course, but outside the course, the fin "buzzed".  I could feel it with my back foot.  Kinda creepy! 

• Baller
None of us made changes to the fin when we removed the wing.  One would think an adjustment is in order but I have no experience with this.  I consider myself quite handy when it comes to fin setup but this is uncharted waters for most of us (no pun intended).

• Baller
I may run a set or two with the fin removed and see what transpires.  I like the idea of getting even wider and carrying more speed through the turn.  It seems like things will need to happen earlier in the course, meaning letting off the pull, initiated the turn, etc.  Have you found this to be true?

• Baller
I found that the speed going into my on-side turn was the most difficult to handle.  Again, this will take some time to acclimate, but I see a definite upside.  My concern is slowing the ski at 38 off.  It felt great at 28 and 32 - didn't try 35.

• Baller
I think the no wing is good for 34, as long as you avoid falling back in the turn,  the tip of the ski can rise up quite easily with out a wing,  has any one used say 5deg.  or maybe ad a bit of tip w/o the wing.  had a really good set last night working on a few bugs in my gate, but i definately like the increased speed and width wingless.  on the other side of the t-shirt (   MS ?  )

• Administrators
http://images.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazoxNTJfRl9jNi5qcGd8bG9hZD1MMCxodHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLmNhZmVwcmVzcy5jb20vaW1hZ2UvMjc2NDA2MTZfNDAweDQwMC5wbmd8fHNjYWxlPUwwLDE1MCwxNTAsVHJhbnNwYXJlbnR8bG9hZD10bS1MMCxibGFuazoxNTJfRl9jNl90bWFzay5qcGd8Y29tcG9zZT1MMCx0bS1MMCxUZXh0dXJlTWFzaywtMTYwLC0xMDJ8Y29tcG9zZT1ibGFuayxMMCxBbHBoYUJsZW5kLDE2MCwxMDJ8Y3A9cmVzdWx0LGJsYW5rfHNjYWxlPXJlc3VsdCwwLDQ4MCxXaGl0ZXxjb21wcmVzc2lvbj05NXwhttp://images.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazoxNTJfRl9jNi5qcGd8bG9hZD1MMCxodHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLmNhZmVwcmVzcy5jb20vaW1hZ2UvMjc2NDA2MTZfNDAweDQwMC5wbmd8fHNjYWxlPUwwLDE1MCwxNTAsVHJhbnNwYXJlbnR8bG9hZD10bS1MMCxibGFuazoxNTJfRl9jNl90bWFzay5qcGd8Y29tcG9zZT1MMCx0bS1MMCxUZXh0dXJlTWFzaywtMTYwLC0xMDJ8Y29tcG9zZT1ibGFuayxMMCxBbHBoYUJsZW5kLDE2MCwxMDJ8Y3A9cmVzdWx0LGJsYW5rfHNjYWxlPXJlc3VsdCwwLDQ4MCxXaGl0ZXxjb21wcmVzc2lvbj05NXwhttp://images.cafepress.com/jitcrunch.aspx?bG9hZD1ibGFuayxibGFuazoxNTJfRl9jNi5qcGd8bG9hZD1MMCxodHRwOi8vaW1hZ2VzLmNhZmVwcmVzcy5jb20vaW1hZ2UvMjc2NDA2MTZfNDAweDQwMC5wbmd8fHNjYWxlPUwwLDE1MCwxNTAsVHJhbnNwYXJlbnR8bG9hZD10bS1MMCxibGFuazoxNTJfRl9jNl90bWFzay5qcGd8Y29tcG9zZT1MMCx0bS1MMCxUZXh0dXJlTWFzaywtMTYwLC0xMDJ8Y29tcG9zZT1ibGFuayxMMCxBbHBoYUJsZW5kLDE2MCwxMDJ8Y3A9cmVzdWx0LGJsYW5rfHNjYWxlPXJlc3VsdCwwLDQ4MCxXaGl0ZXxjb21wcmVzc2lvbj05NXw=

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can