• Baller

After this week skis will be available through

Performance in Orlando

McCormicks in Tampa

Swiss in Clermont

Miami Ski Nautique

Chet's in Boca Raton

Drew's in Orlando

We will be adding more soon, so check back to the website to see the other locations

Thanks,

Adam

obrienelite.com

It's actually cool to hear Andy actually talk about how the ski was actually designed, and how the process of RTM molding is actually accomplished, but as I actually listened to Andy's presentation I was actually thinking that the O'Brien PR team ought to actually consider actually scripting videos like this one so that the presentation would actually seem more professional.  Then Andy would actually sound like the educated man that he actually is.  As it currently stands it was actually a little bit painful to actually listen to after a while.  That's my two cents worth... um, actually. Smile

TW

• Baller_

Adam brought out a ski that he actually considered a blem, in that it had some very minor pitting on the bottom, but way up towards the front where it doesn't even touch the water while skiing.  He's evidentally a perfectionist, because it looked just fine to me.  It has very well done inserts for bindings, and will fit all the major manufacturer's hole patterns.  I mounted my RS-1 Plate & Boots on it easily, and set the plate one hole forward.  I skied on it in the stock fin position, and after a warm-up pass down the lake, it was a spin back into the course and I was able to comfortably run a -22.  It seemed to like -28 better, and I was able to run that and then -32.  At -35 I made a couple of blunders, ending up in the middle of the course without the handle.  43' air and 40' water aren't the best testing conditions, and after 4 passes my hands were losing grip.  I tried another -35 and got to the four ball, but screwed up by not getting my vision up - "look down, fall down" is what the coach would have said.  By then my fingers were frozen, but I did run a -28 back to the dock.  I had an awesome feeling on- side turn, and with a little more fin (maybe 6.885 instead of the 6.850 stock setting)  the off-side would've felt the same.  It was an easy deep water starting ski, and held an edge well.  Very quick from side to side, and it never felt squirley or skittish, and never seemed to hunt for an edge.  I think a 68" would be better for my style, and 6'/185# size.  I'd bet that with 3 sets, and some minor fin tweaking, I could ski it right up to my PB.  It is a well made ski, and it was very interesting to hear Adam tell of all the trials and tribulations that they've worked through to bring it to production.  As for graphics it sported none, except for an Elite badge, and a serial # tag.  You'd have to keep it out of the sun, because the carbon fiber showing everywhere would catch the mid-day heat.  I had been bugging Adam for the past month or so to join us at the lake, and it was very nice of him to come out and bring a ski to demo.  Once the weather warms up, it'd be nice to ski a 68 and have the time to set it up and see how well I could do on it.

• Baller

Skied a 67" Elite at Drews on Friday morning set to stock settings. Wind was out of the north at 15 gusting to 20. Roughest I've ever seen at Drews in 10 years. I ran some very easy 28's and some 32's in at least 10" chop. I know I would not have run 22 off on my Radar RS-1 in that. The Elite felt as fast as my RS-1 across course but had the stability of the original Sixam 1.0. Turns were exceptional on both sides. I am 6foot 190 lbs. Tournament PB is 3.5@35off 34mph PPC Men IV. Even though I bought an RS-1 last fall I would buy this ski if I could afford the divorce!!!!!!