Broken Pinky Toe

Aarons01

• Baller

I broke my big toe last fall. I had to wait a couple of weeks for the skin to heal before water contact. I did get a set or two in while the toe was still pretty sore. No problem with the hardshells but I couldn't have tried rubber boots. I skied OK. It might have even helped my style as I had to ski with a lot of even pressure on my whole foot. If the toe break is safe, no other issues with water contact exist, your doctor OKs it and you can get your foot in the boot, go for it! If it's too sore for your rubber boot maybe you can try hardshells.

RFF, left big toe - Eric

I ski goofy too with classic rubber high wraps and if you just grit your teeth and shove it in, it doesn’t hurt in the binding. Definitely at least buddy tape it if not the whole foot. I beat my best friend that weekend in a comp and it didn’t hurt that much.

• Baller
Yep, 2017 broke my little toe on a table on the back porch, I had to pull and twist it back in place. I am sure all the neighbors heard me. 6 weeks later broke the same toe in fall skiing when my foot came out of the boot, I think it hit the side of the ski. Kinda freaked people that were in the boat it was in a 90 degree angle would not go back in place. Had to go to the hospital, x-ray showed I chip the bone and the chip was stuck between the joint. Doctor pulled the pushed back into place. Went skiing 4 days later no problem

• Baller
I jacked mine up a few months ago. I now wear closed toe house shoes around the house. I had some open toe sandals on, my dog was walking in front of me and stopped and I caught my toe on its leg.

• Baller

I broke my pinky toe skiing. Came out of toe plate and hit my ski during a bad fall.

I taped it up with the toe next to it like someone said above...went skiing.

The pinky toe doesn’t really do much of anything .....I’m not sure why we have them! Lol