Move from HO Triumph to Radar Senate

stone88

I am 26 years old, 6ft and 168 pounds and currently sking a 67" HO Triumph.

I am running comfortably at 15 off 28-30 mph and just struggling into 32 with my best pass being 5 buoys at 32.

I bought the HO at the beggining of last season and it has been great but its very big and heavy especially as I have double animal bindings. I have  heard a lot of great things about the Radar Senante and wondered whether it would be worth me getting that now?

Any help appreciated.

James

• Baller

Senate C would not be too much for you...however, I think you still have some upside on your Triumph.

Triumph is a wide ride ski (and a good one) so you're going to notice a change right away on a more "traditional" width.

Any upgrade is going to take you to 34mph Intermediate level course skiing, so when you do decide to make a change, choose wisely so you don't make the mistake I have and spend money where you don't have to.

I highly recommend speaking with Tadd at H20z and doing the RBYB program to give yourself some options...you would have the opportunity to then try the Senate and Senate C.

Last, we're pretty close in level and build (6' 160 lbs, 4 @34mph) - I would recommend checking out the D3 Custom X.

I downgraded from a higher level ski to the CX and it has made a hugh difference in my consistency and fun factor.

A move from the Triumph to the Senate would be a positive move.  You can get to -35 on the regular Senate without the expense of the carbon version.  It is a narrower ski with a more aggressive rocker.  While still wide, it will feel like a sports car to your family sedan.  The advantage to you is lower cost plus more dampening in chop and wake crossings.

Scarlet

I am in the UK but I am spending 3 days at a lake this weekend where I can try different skis but they dont sell D3 unfortunatley as I have looked at that. They do sell Radar and HO so I could look at the NOS as well or even a Nitro as they still have some left.

boarditup 

I am looking at the Senante as thats what I thought. It's lighter and faster than the Triumph but still wider than the Tournament skis like the Annex or Monza etc for more stability.

My lake is massive and I live in the North of England so its very rarely flat as we have a lot of wind so a ski that can take a bit of chop is a must.

I think I will try the senante and the senate C and see what happens.

Cheers for the help guys I'm glad I've finaly found a decent water ski site!

HO 410,

I was just down a Wileys, Darren had a couple of the new 2010 Senate C's along with a couple new STRADA's!!! The 2010 Senate shape look's same as last year off the RS-1 shape.. Not sure if it has been updated other than the graphic change from this year to last year.. Darren's # 206-762-1300..