Reflex binding question

EF

• Baller

i just purchased the reflex front binding. I've noticed people with the liner cut down to the top of the hard-shell. What's the purpose behind this, and if it was better, why don't they come this way??

Thank you!! Cool

• Baller
I started with mine looser than suggested and would release on falls where it was not needed to release so I would tighten in until I found where I liked setting. I say play with it until you find what you like

• Baller

EF- Remi suggested I set the release setting at 5.  I upped mine to 6 because I have a bad habit of causing tip stall on my offside at shortline, and I would release from the front binding at the ball, gashing my rear shin on the ski.  I haven't pre-released since, but have released at the necessary times.

Weight might come into play for setting the release tension.  I would guess lighter skiers would not need as much tension.  I am 5-11, 185 FWIW.

• Baller

http://www.3eventstore.com/Reflex%20Hardshell%20User%20Manual.pdf

The above pdf gives you the correct release settings for your weight and it recomends a setting between 4 & 6.

I am 180lbs and have mine set at 5, I have used this setting for six years with no problems but I do test it every couple of months.

A friend of mine  at 190lbs set his at 8 and tore his hamstring on his 1st crash.

• Baller
it is if your current system is over 3-4 years old.  No areas to rust/fail like the older models.  My release is about 2-3 years old and plan on swapping the release next season before failure occurs.  You have to replace the block on the back of the boot - it is different w/ the 505 - but not a big undertaking.

• Baller

Ran mine for three years and always said this thing is trouble free.

Then one day the release broke at the weld and man didI I hit the water Joes daughter was ready to call 911

Keep an eye on the yellow and red release systems right at the weld they are prone to breaking.

The 505 system is not welded I love the system but like John says keep an eye on any system.