New Binding

KG

They were on display at HO's tent today at the worlds. They looked pretty sweet. Both boots attached to a bar with and adjustable tension release in the back. The liners are Velcro'd in.

TW, yes they are "prototype-ish" and I expect that when they are available to the public they may look a bit different. The release device does look pretty sweet, but time will tell how well it works. I am glad to see some innovation in bindings!

• Administrators
Before a major ski co puts out a new binding with Mech release, there has to be a lot of careful thinking. I think I heard the first rumors about this binding a year ago. (maybe not that long but it seems like it)

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

KG, does the zip up outer layer cover up some laces or buckles that snug them down? Could you tell how rigid the outer shell is compared to something like a reflex shell?

Thanks for posting the pics.

I think there was something under the zipper bu I am not 100% sure. I never actually touched them, so no idea on stiffness either, sorry. They looked like a lower cut than most hardshells. Maybe even lower than RS-1's...

• Baller

Not sure about these boots, they are so low cut. I wonder if they provide any ankle support, something I like in a hardshells.  I like how the back is cut away so you can get the ski out in front of you without it rearing up.  Excited to see how the release system works. But it looks like a bad fall can tweek an ankle pretty easy.  We will know soon, hopefully I am wrong.

The shells look kind of like Jordan's don't they? And to think I took crap from my RS-1 hiking boots. Speaking of RS-1s, I thought they were pretty low cut too. Well, the top of the liner is just as tall as the wraps on Wiley's. I guess looks can be a little deceiving.

Speaking of looks. From the looks of things, it looks like yet another Look release is coming to the water. First is was the Silveretta in it's many iterations, now it is the PX. I'm sure I'll get to see these things up close much sooner than later.