RS 1 setup help

ktm300

• Baller
After a really long break, I am skiing again on the RS1 I had last year.  55k 67" 6'0" 180.  I set it up with numbers I got from ER on a gray fin (Chambon fin) and ran my top full pass on the second set (35).  However, I ran the pass purely off of the speed of the ski.  Hauls ass side to side.  Turns sucked.  I have always struggled with setup on my onside.  Can turn the offside no matter what.  The gray blade had more surface area and made the onside pivot too much tending to leave me falling away from the handle.  I now have the std round blade I have always skied with.  I ski with my feet close together 11.5.  Rossi said to set the rear at 17 and ignore the front. Rini says to put the front at 29.25 and set the rear to suit.  I simply cannot ski with the front at 29.25 just too much ski in the water.  Currently at 29.00 and 17.5.    For the onside turn, a forward fin setting works okay but the ski hops up at the wakes too much and has me fighting for balance through the get busy zone.  I moved it back to about .755.  Felt more solid through the wakes but was getting onside slack.  Shallowed to about 2.483.  Depth was not the problem and shallower did not help.  I previously skied a monza with the same boot setting listed above and skied it well with the fin back, shallow and long. With the RS1 I feel like the tail is stuck onside and I am either going to get a pivot or nothing. WIth pivot, I am picking up the boat a full  ski length before I like.  Hope some of what I said makes sense.  Thanks for suggestions.

I am set up at 29.25 and rear toe has 1/2 inch of space. The rear is set at 17.5 it is a wiley.

I use the silver fin and run 2.501. 6.852 tips and .765.

I dont know what to tell you about your on side. I have no issues with the set up and the ski is treating me well. I would get back to 29.25 and get your normal spacing. If your getting onside slack, you have some handle control issues that start in the preturn. The RS1 is fast. Use the speed to carry out early/wide and bring that speed to your hook up.