How many sets till Honeymoon is over??

scoke

• Baller

So i've got a new to me ski.

First ski that i have ridden that's a completely different design than what I have been on for the last 7 years.

How long do I give it until the honeymoon is considered over? In terms of actual sets not days as we ski a bit down here.

How many sets until i give a full review/write-up? reason i ask is i am,allegedly, a technical & analytical person so putting words to paper isn't that hard for me.

• Administrators

Please Please Please do not use my name and the word "Honeymoon" in the same post? Kim wants to go to Spain this winter. Anyone want to loan me a bunch of money? Holy Crap. I keep telling her Fresno is pretty in November.

You need to ski on a ski long enough that you stop thinking about the ski. The A1 is a classic example: the Toe Side is so good that no one notices the Heel Side until they are a month in. If your Heel side rocks it is a killer ski but nearly EVERYONE loves it for the first 5 sets. I got off it becasue I could not relax on the back side of the course without getting in trouble.... did not notice until I was skiing good on it. 25 + sets.

Goode HO Syndicate   KD Skis ★ MasterCraft ★ PerfSki  

Radar ★ Reflex ★ S Lines ★ Stokes

Drop a dime in the can

• Baller

You guys are way over my level but here's my humble take FWIW. 

If you want to change skis, you must be doing it for a reason.  What attributes are you looking for or what doesn't your current ski do that you want it to?  If you don't feel that pretty quickly, why bother changing?  OTOH, you might get on it and "discover" something you like and decide you want to work with it.  Still should be a fairly quick intuitive thing though.

As far as the fin goes...  If you're messing with the fin right out of the gate, you might be trying to make it feel like your old ski anyway.

Deke

• Baller
scoke has the numbers close enough for gov't work (a bit of tweakin for his style),  6 sets then review.  Let's have the engineer's take.  My take should take two paragraphs, MS=2 to 6 words and has rocks in it somewhere.  scoke should have 5 pages minimum with charts and graphs (gotta love those engineers, can't build with out them)

Dammer. Got the new Z7 and like it so much I am hesitant to try anything new. It is working so well. After almost three weeks I have made a small change in the bindings, Offset. Might wait till the water temp stars to crash to do more.  I may be stupid but its hard to fix something I don't think is broken. Undecided

• Baller

Hey Horton

if you bring me one of those skis you have lying around, honeymoon in Paris, we have a spare room :-)

I would say 6 - 10 sets, saying that it took me a full season to get used to my Monza but I did the stupid thing of trying to change to hardshells at the same time.

cheers

Ali

• Baller

John, if you play your cards well you might be able to have the perfect honeymoon next year. How about Fresno this November and Italy instead of Spain next September? 

“28Jul09 The Italian Water Ski Federation will host the 2010 World Veterans Waterski Championships

The Italian Water Ski Federation will be hosting the 2010 World Veterans Waterski Championships in Segrate, Milan from September 6 - 12, 2010, together with the EAME Veterans Championships.

The Italian Federation's solid experience in hosting World Titled Events together with the setting of beautiful, sunny Italy promise for a spectacular Championship. The opportunity to combine a thrill-packed World Title Event with sightseeing in one of Europe's most artistically rich countries is a guarantee for a great turnout, so don't miss out on this! See you in Segrate.â€Â 

Tsixam