New Radar Strada Report

RichardDoane

• Baller_

Skied this weekend on 2 different Strada's.  Video is from Yesterday @ the lake.  Today Eddie let me ski on a fresh one with the Silver top.  It skied terriffic, but the weather turned to rain, so no video.  I'll post some pictures tomorrow.

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good Zippy!! I was also able to try the new Strada with the correct graphics yesterday also lake was 52 and air 59.. I loved the new ski very skier friendly right off the dock I'm still trying to work my way up the line but was able to make it to 3 ball @ 32off.. I though the ski was lighting fast through the wakes and turned with little effort. When I made a mistake the Strada forgave me and put me right back on track with no disgust to my skiing abilitys.. This is my second year in the course so I'm constinatly trying to remind myself to ski in proper body position and work one bouy at a time!! I love my RS-1 but was bumbed to see the Strada drive away in Eddie's car..

rq0013

Yes the offside was more forgiving the whole ski was forgiving!! Between the 2 you might need to work just a little bit more with the RS-1 and make less mistakes.. The Strada was really fun to ride it was smooth didn't hunt for a edge.. Not sure what the fin was setup at but I didn't feel it needed to be adjusted I did try it with a 7 degree wing the second set from the 9 it was at the first set and felt much better for me.. When I get out of skier position withthe RS-1 it get's a little rough with the Strada it was much more contrable wake crossing was a breeze like a hot knife thru butter no hop or bounce.. Looking fwd to jump back on one of these ASAP!!

• Baller

Great skiing Richard, you look solid.  I like they way to push your hips up thru the wakes, very good position.  That ski is working great, should see some MM action next year, eh?  Keep the vids coming.

• Baller

Man Zip, the boat driving when you were skiing was awsome......oh yea, it was me.  The only way I can watch my ski partner is to watch his video on YouTube.  Nice job Zip.  Oh yea, and I ran that 32 even with my driver shooting video and driving.......You see what i have to put up with...

OF 

• Baller_

The top is not aluminum.  It's some type of plastic that has that greyish color and a brushed aluminum look to it.  It will have stickers/letters that fill in the Strada, and also fill in the tip indentation on the front.  When that ski gets those applied, I'll post another set of photos.  As for availability, they'll be coming soon.  The dealer's will know.

• Baller_
Skied Saturday with my kid, OfficerFriendly, and Eddie.  Tried some new fin #'s as per Chris Rossi.  Spent some time in the cold water prior putting water-filled turned bouys in the course, and we replace boat guides.  OF was shooting video so that should post this week sometime.  Eddie thought OF ran over a 4 ball, no big crash drama so the water filled bouy trick must work.  I didn't hit any so nothing to report there.  Strada felt great, kind of a windy set, and my 92 MC is the side spray machine, so was skiing pretty blind at the shorter line lengths.  Had some good starts @ 38, but couldn't get past 3 ball.  Oh well, there's always another day.  It's amazing that it was pretty windy while we skied, but as soon as the boat was loaded, the lake became glass.

• Baller_

Which California Dealer is closest to Sacto ?

Billys Boardshop
22600 Lyons Ave, Newhall, CA 91321

California Correct Craft
200 Hidden Valley Pkwy Ste. A, Norco, CA 92860

Chico Sports Ltd
698 Mangrove Ave, Chico, CA 95926

Cope & McPhetres - Fairfield
707-864-2628
4670 Central Way Suite A, Fairfield, CA 94534

Endos
5612 E 2nd St, Long Beach, CA 90803

Galey's Marine
661-327-5711
2720 Auto Mall Drive, Bakersfield, CA 93313

Herb Bauer
6264 N. Blackstone Ave, Fresno, CA 93710

Redding Sports Ltd
950 Hilltop Dr, Redding, CA 96003

Sporting Edge
2005 Somersville Rd, Antioch, CA 94509

Sports Ltd.
818-225-7433
22644 Ventura Blvd., Woodland Hills, CA 91364

Valley Sporting Goods
1700 McHenry Ave D-50, Modesto, CA 95350

Xtreme Marine (California)
46 at Golden Hill Rd, Paso Robles, CA 93446

• Baller

Richard, Fairfield is about an hour west and Modesto is about an hour and half drive south. I thought Copes went out of business. Water Ski World is our closest dealer. Maybe we could get a couple demos in there when production is up and running. This is a pretty big ski market with a bunch of man made lakes, the Sacramento River and Folsom Lake. We can ski year round. Almost completely dominated by D3.

• Administrators

I am a Radar dealer  BUT  I offer little or no service. If you want any real service, I highly recommend Tadd at H2oz because he does Try Before You Buy and he is a skier so he knows what he is talking about. When you buy from me you own it.....

As for the West Coast, I hope to have some Strada demos next year. I always have a stack of OBrien Elites. I keep telling my wife that I am not a ski shop. She does not believe me.

• Baller_

Skied today @ Radar with Eddie & AGustav.  Eddie had me use the new fin for the Strada, it's .850" thick instead of the previous .950".  Felt really good, turns really nice as you can see in the Rossi Video.   Fin settings of 2.515, 6.850, .755 and binders @ 29".  I think next time I'll push DFT up to .765.  I skied ok, consistently getting to 3 @ -38 before blundering.  Ran 2 sets, actually "clubbed" a couple of 6 balls @ -35, and a 3 @ -38 and no crash drama so the 1/2 full of water trick really helps, and I'm now a believer.  We'll change the Broho balls to 1/2 fulls this weekend.

• Baller

Richard you are skiing the 66 at  29" front foot?  is that correct?  when we were skiing the new ski ,Trent and chris  had us at 28 3/8 

my wifes 66 MPD is at 28 3/4

I wounder were CR is skiing his?

Deano

• Baller_
The sun wasn't out this weekend, it was windy & rainy Saturday. Didn't ski today either - actually felt guilty - should've headed to the lake. Dave - the 2008 Regionals week did have some cold & grey during midweek, but 2010 in Idaho should have warmer weather. Deano - 29" from the tail to the lower stich line on my front RS boot is correct. That Strada really skis smooth, I'm kicking myself for not going today.

• Baller_
I was on the A-1 last season, and have since sold that ski to a guy in Ontario, Canada.  There's no going back.  On that Strada I'm going to kill it this season, setting a new goal of deep -39 in tournaments for 2010.  Totally possible with some effort on my part.

• Baller_
Eddie sets my kid up on a fairly soft 66" Strada, Braden's 145#, 5' 10", we get the fin set, but somehow he ends up grabbing the 66" Strada that I've been riding by accident.  Mine's a little stiffer, but he still skied well.  Notice how well it turns on the off-side.  Air temp 50, water temp was 46. 

• Baller_
The new 67" mold is up and running, I didn't get the chance to ski on one today, but a buddy of mine did, and did exceedingly well.  His average last season was almost 3 @ -35, and he was able to run up the line first set to 4 @ -35, almost running -35 a couple of times in his second set.  I skied @ Broho this afternoon, 45' water, air temp about the same, a little wind and rain, but worth the drive.  For the second week in a row, it was up the line to 1 @ -39, and with a second try @ -39, I was able to get a clean 2.  The Strada has pulled me out of a "end of season" slump that started  in late Aug/Sept. and continued until the 1st week of October. 

• Baller_

I just picked up another 66" for my son to try this weekend, and a 67" for me as well.  Although, I've had such good success with the 66" , that I'm thinking I may just stick with it because it's easier to keep in front where it belongs.  Anyway....

Horton - Since Darren@WileySki.com has both 66" & 67" skis now available for sale, you better call him (206 762 1300) and hit him up for some advertizing space!   (and don't forget my commission!)

• Baller_
Skied the 67" Strada yesterday. Kind of a gloomy, cold day. Water temp of 44' but no wind. The 67" rides well, skis very smooth, and has an easy deep water start. It was plenty fast, but I like the control I have over the 66" and will stick with it I think. The last 2 weekends prior I've been able to run through -38 on the 66", so it's definitely a "keeper". One of our group, we'll call him "Wally", skied one set on his A-1, and then a set on the 67". He's a little bigger than I am, 6'2"/205lbs. and did very well on the 67", and had a much better set on the Strada than on his own A-1. The larger sizes of Stradas are in the works. The 68" is coming soon, as well as a 69.5" for the bigger skiers.