RichardDoane

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

jaredFish,

Loose. 

I skied for many years in the Animals. Man did they cramp my feet, but I feel they skied well. Mounted to a CDX-1, I was constant at 38 off the dock. I ran 39 only a few times with them. (34mph skier)

After 3 ½ years off the water, I am relearning. I have tried the Strada boots and the RS-1 boots. In my opinion, I believe both are NOT in proper proportion (length to width). I think they are too wide for the length. This seems to be a bigger problem for the Strada because the liners are thinner than the RS-1s. I feel that the shells of the Strada’s are softer than the RS-1. I like the RS-1 support better than the Strada support. I think you should also look at the Obrien Prodigy and Elite before settling.

I might have skied better with the Animals, but my feet are much happier in the RS-1s, and I think they are going to be warmer this Winter as well. I have run 38 in the RS-1s, but just a few times.

• Baller

Don't mold them until after you've tried skiing them with the insoles. Mine ended up too thin and sort of lost their shape after I molded mine. Tried it again with new liners and the insole and after skiing several times, the liners kinda molded themselves to my foot.

Mount the front boot and measure the rear of the front boot at the first row of stitching that is closest to the bottom of the heel to get the distance from the tail set. Rear boot as desired.  Then Rock em!

I know of a few people including myself that have molded them just fine with the hot water shower on your boat!! Toward the the end of summer I put mine in the oven while they where a little damp still and they shrunk just a bit but that was the good as I was between sizes! Sure fo love them for ghos winter skiing hope to get out over the weekend water temp in the high 40's.. Looking for some warm weather skiing places any ideas in the us?

The strada's are sick!

Have skied on Animals basically since i started running the course till now getting a couple @ 35 off.

These feel soo comfy. I have a few questions

1) If my back heel is lifting does this mean i should add a thicker sole? The laces are pretty tight when this happens, though i believe i shouldn't tighten them that much.

2) What is stock?? I have each binding set up in the middle of the plate and am running the back plate stock and the front plate one forward of stock. I feel im on the back alot.My animals used to both be set up stock with the back boot angled right.

@chuck? What is the correct stock distance for the back boot? I feel that the back boot is turned in to the left to much, i am left foot forward. I have shifted the plate over to try get the binding to point towards the right but it doesn't feel right.

3) Should i wet my feet and bindings before putting em on? Heard some one say wear socks.

Onside turns are feel great but my off side turns feeling worse than usual. Took me 3 sets to get close to where i was before. Got 4 on 32off so just below my average practice score. My offside it feels that i am not getting any angle out the turn and the ski doesnt want to complete the turn.

• Baller

Boot position depends on the ski and it's length. Measure the heel of the front boot to the tail and match the stock seting for your ski. My A-1 67.5" is 29.75" from the tail to the lower row of stitching on the rear heel of the front boot. If you are on the single Sequence Plate, you can rotate the boot on the plate by loosening the 5 screws then twist the boot. If they are on seperate plates then the rear is adjusted from above just like an HO plate. This is another Radar boot but the plates are the same. Also shown is the Sequence plate with the Strada boots attached, you should be able to see the curved slotted holes on the underside for the front an rear boot adjustments.

http://www.radarskis.com/_media/products//5fbd4202-7fa2-404b-9e6a-8c21cbd066f2_med.pnghttp://www.radarskis.com/_media/products//5e02e3d5-2a33-40a0-beae-66a693e337f3_hi.jpg

• Baller_
The water at the Lake was 40'F yesterday, air in the low 40's, but luckily the sun was out. Working on not missing any balls, except at the "never made" passes. Thank goodness for the RTV coated gloves, and the rubberized hat trick, and of course the heated seats ! People think we're crazy to ski in the cold season, but it was a beautiful sunny day, very little wind, and nice to be outside.

• Baller_
My theory on the RTV coating is "anti wind chill", and it helps.  I usually ski 6 or 8 passes per set, and by the last pass the tips of my fingers will be just starting to get numb.  Without the RTV, by the second pass my hands used to be freezing.  I use last season's gloves, pack the fingers with shop rags so they're plumped-up, then just smear with clear RTV silicone. It takes about a day for the stuff to set, and it'll last all winter.  In fact, pictured are last winter's gloves, I just peeled off the loose edges, and glopped on another coating for this year.  Radar Lock gloves have worked really well for me, so I bought a few extra pairs this season for the next couple of years use.

• Baller_
We skied on Dec. 24th (raining hard) so nothing terrific to report on. OF and his son Tim, me, Braden and Eddie.  Braden and Eddie sat it out due to lousy conditions.  I started the year on a Silver Strada, ended it on the Red Strada.  Had a great season, and met a bunch of terrific BOS people. Working on getting in better physical condition to rip through 38 consistently in the 2011 tournament season.  Can you say "yoga" ?

"YOGA" Wow that refreshing to see that kind of commitment out of you guys. It sounds like fun to me. We have been getting pounded with snow out here in Utah and its time to ski my guts out. It has started out to be an epic year here hopefully it will continue with the snow and our lakes will all be full in a few months.

• Baller_
I was very fortunate this evening to put my boots on the new 67" Strada. I've been on a 66" for 2 seasons now, and it was time for a fresh ski. Eddie set me up at 2.500, 6.857, .770, and 10 degree on the wing, I'm 6' 174#'s and had a couple of great seasons on the Silver Strada. We're hoping the 67" will be a little easier on the body, and get me through that pesky purple loop more often. First set went well which is a testament to the ease of operation that comes with a Radar ski. As you can see in the second photo, "it was a beautiful day at the lake"!/vanilla2/uploads/FileUpload/8/1028.JPG

• Baller

so richard and others lucky enough to have your hands on a new strada, what are your thoughts?

After a difficult 12 months of skiing for a number of reasons, a new stick was a definite for this coming southern summer. The strada was obviously on the short list, a softer flex almost locks it in for me now.

• Baller_
I tried the new 67", but ended up liking the feel of a new 66" Strada even better. Ran a couple sets in practice with OF last Thursday night after work, and then took the new stick to a double header tournament @ Hilltop this weekend. Ski felt great, but I made some mistakes in Saturday's rounds. With a minor fin adjust after the 1st round Sunday morning, I was able to get through the purple loop in the second round. Turned into a BOS at the 2 ball, so final score of 103.5. Very pleased. Fin @ 2.510, 6.850, .750, 9 degree, front boot at 29.75" Now if I could just get something going @ 39!

• Baller
I have been on a 2012 66 with 2011 graphics for 2 weeks and love it. I had a 2010 before. The ride feels different I cant explain it but i know the tip on the offside stays down easier. I need more time to see the difference. Im at rossi's updated settings: 28 7/8" 2.505 6.843 0.755 9 . In about 68 degree water here in WI.

• Baller
Mateo Vargas and I skied together tonight. I ran 1st set on HO A2 36mph. 1.5 @ 38 and then 2. We switched skis and he rode the A2 and I rode his 67 Strada. Both of us ran 5@ 38. I was surprised the Strada felt so good. The A2 has a better off side but the Strada has a better on side and is a little faster. Great ski.

• Baller
Nice laces! I am four sets into the honeymoon phase on my 2013 Carrot colored Strada. I had been on the Gray/Red 2011 for three seasons and had always loved it. I can tell you the carrot is a different sk in a lot of ways yet still maintains the likeable foregiving characteristics of the previous Strada. The biggest most noticeable change is the offside turn is fantastic in contrast to the prior ski. The tip seems to stay down a bit better on both sides and the ski tracks a lot better through both turns without pushing and somehow stays under me regardless of what position Im in. So far, fantastic improvement!!