Ski Acapulco/Ski Caraibe

Agustafson

Just wondering if any of you have been to Ski Acapulco?? Look's amazing but I would have a hard time trying to spend that kind of money when my wife isn't as gung ho about skiing as I am.. I also was digging through a couple past issues of Waterki Mag. and found a place called Ski Caraibes in St. Martin seem's a little more like a ski by the set kind of place? I could see myself sneaking in two sets a day and having the rest of the time to spend together. How is salt water skiing? I'm just going a little stir crazy sitting hear I guess with air miles to burn!!

• Baller

I've gone to Acapulco the past couple of years and it always exceeds my expectations. The villa you stay in is incredible from the villa itself, to the staff, the food, the views - everything. The weather is amazingly comfortable at the villa, too, as it is at 1,400 feet above sea level. It's a great place to hang out with everyone after a day of skiing. You always have to balance having too good of a time at night at the villa with having to get up to ski the next morning. The ski site and the palapa where you spend the day between sets is also first class. Two courses, great conditions, current or recent Nautiques with ZO, very good drivers and plenty of coaching and video. Ski as much as you can handle. Lots of pro skiers are available to coach depending on the week that you go. Masseuses come to the ski site, too. The lagoon is across the road from the beach, so it's easy to run over to the beach and get in the water if you want. Other activities available include golf at a great course on the beach, surfing, diving, dolphin swims, bungee jumping, watching the cliff divers, and Acapulco nightlife if you want it. Significant others that don't ski or ski a little bit always end up getting into it and skiing as much as the others. I highly recommend it.

Jim

sometimes you can get into the Acapulco vacation for 1/2 price. Especially if someone cancels or they have a light week booked. they usually give you a couple weeks notice. I know this week or maybe it is next week, that they were offering a 1/2 price deal. Check with Wally and the Sondergards, they have gone down on a 1/2 price deal. I have heard nothing but great things about the place. I am going to go some day.