Matt Rini

Horton

• Administrators
I am working on interview questions for Matt Rini. The interview is mostly about ski design. I know you guys have questions so lets have them.

• Baller
I would like some in depth discussion on the design of the Strada. What sets this ski apart from the RS-1. Also, has the Senate-C's design, flex and other characteristics changed from last year. Thanks. Rossi, on the youtube Video, skis much better on the Strada than the RS-1. Could be the ski, maybe not, but the Strada really seems to blend with his style well. One thing I noticed is the ski casts out well. Works really well at 41 off for him, not early not late but rounds the buoy at the right time with respect to where the boat is.

• Baller

Skimech,

Go to the recent thread "New Radar Strada Report", 2nd page, post #38 I believe, gives a link to Rossi and Rini discussing the design/theory of the Strada.

(edit) sorry...looks like the youtube video was taken down...perhaps it was too informative? 

Matt is Great coach. I had the privelege of skiing with him a few wk's ago. I would love to do a small write up/review but, I'd like to see a great Bos ski school catagory to place it in...

Back to the orig. topic, I'd really like to see Matt break down the wide ride characteristics. I have a Radar Theory and trying to find any help with set up and/or ski technique is just short of impossible. These ski's simply do not act or ski like skinnier racier ski's and some things that may apply to the typical high end ski fly right in the face of the wider higher riding slower (INT) mph ski's...

• Baller
It is my understanding that the Warp does not have a flat spot or as distinct a pivot point.  Assuming that slalom evolution includes carrying more speed through the turn, why the flat spot?  When way up on the boat, does the flat spot turn depend more on deceleration whereas the continuous rocker sans flat spot would allow the skier to turn to the wakes earlier i.e. without the delay of deceleration?

• Baller

What about ski width? Skis are getting wider, but what does he think will be optimal. Goode had success (for some skiers) with the wide ride, but appear to be backing off of that with an in between width for 2010. The Elite is a relatively wide ski as well. I have not seen a Strada and would like to know where it falls in this mix.