How Come No 43 attempts?

Garn

• Baller

Rossi has a video of him on the new Strada running a complete pass at 41 off.   Now here's one of Andy doing it.  How come neither of them show an attempt at 43 off?  Do they just stop at 41?  If so, why? If/when Chris makes 41 at a tournament and then goes for 43, you would think he would have wanted some previous practice at that line length.  I for one would love to see these guys go for 43 even if they don't even make one ball.

Garn

I agree, it would be Cool to be privy some great pratice sessions. What about 37 or 38 mph practice passes? and all the cool training routines...

But, I bet from a competitive stand point it might be better to have an "Ace in the Hole"... Not to mention, I don't know what their motivation for putting anything out there on vid. that a good % of the web would go out of their way to Critique and debate every nuance of their incomplete pass or passes!

• Baller
I would imagine that 43 is rarely practiced.  From a competitive standpoint it doesn't make much sense; I've never heard of anyone running 41 in a tournament and not winning that event.  Using water time to work on 43 instead of honing 39 and 41 wouldn't be optimal but, just for kicks, I'd also love to see these guys taking a crack at 43.

Ya, that's the kind of Cool "Training stuff" that would be great to see and hear on Slalom...

Lee Trevino would have never golfed a tournament with anything less then a full Bag. But, he did make A LOT of $$$ beating anyone who was up for the challenge, with only a Coke bottle taped to the end of a club shaft!!! Most any local Pro golfer will go out and beat most challengers with only a putter and 1 other club of their choice!

Has to make you wonder just what some of the Pro skiers are up to and/or actually capable of... -Hmmmm...

I would guess that if there were a tournament with a 5-digit cash prize for a new world record you would have many training passes at 43-off.  What gets measured gets done.  Pros measure their success by the cash they bring in.  Make the prize the record, they will respond.

• Baller
I wouldn't think it would be hard to get a group of manufactures to all kick in $500-$1000 a piece to make a $5000 prize for anyone setting a National or World Record at a tournament that would qualify.  That would be incentive. 

• Baller
That's only four digits... You eat up a good part of that just getting there, staying and getting back.  Rossi wrote that he enjoyed teaching but his sponsorships permitted him to do less of that and focus on his own skiing.  Sorry if I misquoted or got it wrong but these guys have to live too.  Almost all of them are out trading their craft to make ends meet.  There is no box office feeding the athletes in this sport.  They are still searching for an audience...

• Baller
The world record prize wouldn't be for a select individual tournament, it would be availible to anyone at any record tournament.  It could be like a rolliing prize amount, like the lottery, increasing with every event that a record is not set.