PP Classic with switch

thager

• Baller

It's not perfect but you can get it to feel somewhat similar using kx- and a px of 15 or 20. Some insist ++ is better. As an added bonus you will hear the engine rev up and down just like ZO. Downside is it's tough as heck and takes away buoys

just like ZO.

• Baller
There has been no confirmation from ZO to this effect but having heard it from numerous sources, I tend to believe it may happen.  I would think that pressure was brought to bear from the boating public as well as the governing bodies (USAWS, IWWF, etc.). 

• Baller

Hmmm, so ZO is going to hammer you from 5 to 6 ball while giving a horrible feel. Great! Actually it is OK with me if they emulate Stargazer as long as they keep the A and C settings intact. I am not forced to choose the Stargazer setting.

I like ZO C3. I am OK with ZO A1. Stargazer sucks for my style. I won't buy one for my boat as PP Classic works well on my boat and I have figured out a way to make it emulate ZO close enough for me. I use the switch set on KX- PX 10 and run my weight 100 lbs overweight. This hammers me strongly and C3 feels similar.

I understand that other styles prefer Stargazer. It is a good thing if ZO emulates Stargazer as those folks will not be able to complain any more.

I'd rather see Stargazer emulate ZO. It seems a pretty easy modification - use the switch to add some hammer to a GPS baseline. If PP does that, my checkbook will come out very quickly.

Eric

• Baller

Eric,

I'm with you if PP added the switch to SG. My pocketbook would be open and I wouldn't need to sell my switch. Also like you I didn't ski SG very well and actually thought it was worse than ZO for my style until we had a tournament this fall where SG was set up properly. I skied very well behind it which surprised me. If I start to see more exemptions at tournaments to use PPSG I may buy it regardless. I will not be buying a new boat to get ZO so unless a version compatible to my mechanical 02 SN 196 were to suddenly appear ZO is out of the equation .

• Baller

MS,

Sounds good to me!! PP 6.6 could be an answer. As I understandit PP can provide add on GPS just not supply the new boats. Also, Paul Chapin was at last years boat tests and said the PP ZO simulation was pretty good so something has been tried by PP. They reportedly determined that ZO was changing too much to go forward with it at the time. I had my double hernia surgery yesterday. Sore as heck today. No strenuous activity for 6 weeks. Then I'm heading south for some skiing!