Worn Out Ski Partners, what's your count?

RichardDoane

• Baller_
I was thinking this morning about how many of the guys I used to ski with have bailed out of the sport for one reason or another.  Marriage issues, money problems, injuries, job changes, etc.  I came up with a list of almost a dozen ski partners who have evaporated over these past 11 years that I've been "addicted to the course".  Just wondering what other skiers have tallied.

Our core is still intact. Some have come and gone but we are holding on. One had both knees replaced last year but came back stronger than ever. I may be the next to get new knees but if I do it would be with every intent on a quick return.

Ya a bunch of old farts!!!!

I haven't lost any. But then again the only person that was ever willing to come skiing with me was my dad. Everyone else around here growing up with me went to wakeboarding before even trying skiing. Everybody thinks it's cools but no one wants to ski!

• Baller

Tuney,

Just wait, after all the injuries and knee operations you may be surprised how many Wakeboarders will be picking up a Slalom Ski as they get older. My Daughter Heather was a Pro-Wakeboarder and at the ripe old age of 23 is now returning to her roots in Slalom and Trick, as are a few of her friends....They tell me it's something they can do till their OLD, that's funny.

Old Man,  ED

• Baller
I have gone through many over the years losing some to jobs, the military, injury, wives, loss of interest, and most recently to love. Usually happens right after they get to be good drivers. Sure hope that wears off!!! Hard part is finding new skiers here in South Canada. Guess I'll just have to ski with MS more.

Too many to count! How about an entire three lake ski community on top of that. I still keep my boat there and ski, three lakes to yourself with a boat driver that skied deep -38's in the early 80's. Just can't get him back in the water(injured reserve)

Ed,

The boat driver I was refering to which by the way is one of my best friends has his house for sell. It's listed on ski it again and is south of Houston. Wish he wasn't selling it but life changes and we must all move on.

Just to be clear there's a two lake site across the street that is very active w/ a great bunch of guys. One of which is also one of my best friends. Once the water warms up he will start skiing and we will ski the entire season together. Come on Global Warming!

It just makes me sad to see the home court that I've skied at for almost 30 yrs have so little activity and reading this thread didn't help.