Spring in the Rockies

Marco

• Baller

Weather's here, wish you were beautiful.

I blew it totally! Too many Mai-Tais and I didn't make it to the flight up north. Tahoe got another foot of snow! KT is still spinning. Mid winter powder! And I'm not there.

To add insult to injury, I got weathered out of the lake and can't break out the drill to do my recreational engineering on my boat. Or try my new design trick ski. Or dial in the longboy slalom. Or try Kirk's new Strada boots on his Z7.

Wasn't my water just 75F a few days ago?

Eric

• Baller

Eric- I hope those were some good Mai-Tais!  Bummer you missed out on a powder day.

It's dumping here now.  Snow on the ground, everything is white but the lake, and the ski area is closed.  The wind was blowing about 60 yesterdy, but has subsided somewhat.  Looks like it's going to be another working weekend...

• Baller
Lows here on the Western Slope tonight and tomorrow night in the low 20's.  We need to take the boats off the lifts and put them in the garage this afternoon.  I'm really tired of winter, especially in late April!!!

• Baller

We're having 40 mph winds today and they're calling for snow tomorrow.  Love Spring in MT!   We skied more in March than in April, it's getting old.  After this week's weather our water will be colder than it was at the beginning of April.  Might have to move back to Houston

• Baller

Bozeman has been getting about the same.  There's more snow in the mountains now than at any point when the lifts were running.  The high winds are making the backcountry skiers more than a little nervous.

JP :)

• Baller
Finally got on the water yesterday for the second time this season.  Air temp was 43, water 51.  Didn't even make the 100 deg threshold.  Didn't help that my drysuit ripped at the ankle cuff.  Today is supposed to get up to 77..............with 30 mph winds.Cry

• Baller

Deke,

Not sure if you were following the other thread, but there were some power problems that are still getting worked out.  CC sent out a few different props for testing, and the boat is now getting up to speed better, but we are still waiting on getting it recalibrated, which should make it right.  I was the crash test dummy yesterday, having to ski at 36 behind it so Jr. could give feedback about speed and RPMs back to CC.  Between the 50 deg water, different bindings, 36 mph, and the fact it was only my 3rd set back, I don't have a much feedback on the boat itself, but will post later after I get a few more sets behind it.

Are you coming to our tournament in June?

• Baller

Rockies ha, California rules! Squaw's season ended today (OK tomorrow). I got to get my last day today. Sweet spring skiing in big soft bumps on outrageously steep pitches. I went in a bit early so I could go down the hill to Stan's and catch a waterski ride. The water was cold - 73F but I had a good set.

Hopefully there is enough snow in the hills to keep California in water. Well, whatever the Sierras are short we can get from the Colorado.

Eric 

• Baller

Eric, Cold... 73... Ha! I doesn't even get that warm here!

Marco, tell Junior good luck with that boat. I can only imagine how he is taking it! We're seriously thinking about that tournament and there may be few other "public lakers" there too. Please keep us informed.

• Baller

Eric- A-Basin is still open, so there is still skiing in CO.  We have a good snowpack so water is plentiful, that is until all the folks in So Cal start hosing down their driveways every day. Ha ha.Wink

Deke- The tourney is the last weekend in June, and everyones welcome.  Hope to see you here.