Elite Fin setting

block

I am getting frustrated, I have been skiing a 68.5 Elite for 3 months and am skiing beautiful passes through 32 off.

When I get to 35 the ski does not feel free; won't get width and feels fast into the ball. My settings are 2.510 , 6.855, .797, and bindings @ 30". (measurements using tips and thumb method-dft) I have not tried any other settings. I was thinking of trying Andy's settings (2.510,6.837, .785) or maybe just taking out tip. I haven't seen much on the 68.5 settings, what do you guys think?

• Baller

block,

I would take the tip out first, to about the 6.840 range, then creep back with the DFT. You are long and farther forward than normal. I have not seen many skiers with more than 6.840 length.

Skidawg is now on a 68". If he sees this thread maybe he will hit you with his current numbers.

• Baller
On the 2011 68 elite (super sweet ride btw) I run my bindings at 30, length (tips) 6.837, depth 2.5095, dft .7935.  I change the dft according to water temp.  take some length out and you will get free. back it up a touch also.  let me know how it works!