stargazer and ski setup

alex38

• Baller
just got 2002 sn with sg, it is so badass. learning how to keep sg nice and smooth and working well, wondering if anyone knows any solid tweaks for improvements at 34mph, does kx do anything? or the background settings? just curious....and psyched.

I have been running JD's old settings on my 98 SN (from his 2007 SN).  They keep everything pretty close on balanced segments.  While I haven't noticed the boat running away at 3 ball like it used to, I haven't checked the times to see what they look like.  Anyhow, it might make for a better starting point than the stock settings on your 2002.

I have a copy of them on my computer at home and will try to post them later.

• Baller
cool, thank you, anyone have any trouble coming in way hot at the gates? Will these settings help? The values set for 2008 SN look to be greater than the defaults. I will play around with them for sure. Thank you for the default settings too, in case I mess it up good.

• Baller
Is there a KX/PX combo that comes close to mimicing A2? I haven't been having any problems switching between my PP classic boat and A2 but I would be interested if there is something different I should be trying. I am on a 2002 Malibu.

Alex: I had this problem. It was the CR/CS setting. I have a 6.0 liter engine. Perfect Pass told me not to go too low with this setting. Low being 1600. I am at 1530-- problem solved. To access this press menu and up at the same time.Press down key to get to control settings. I think you will find the CR/CS value there.

• Baller

Coming in too hot at the entry gates could also be caused by overshooting your baseline rpm setting on pull up.  If you overshoot your baseline it takes longer for the system to settle in than if you don't overshoot it.  In other words it will come up to the baseline and pretty much settle right in if you don't over throttle on pull up, but if you overshoot it takes longer to settle back DOWN to it than to ramp UP to it.

Ed

• Baller

I've been experience the same problem with my SG. 34.2 until the skier pulls out for the gate, then ramps up to 35mph every time. the only way i can run a 1.77 is to slow down in practice mode. I have a 03 SN 206 W the 330. I've tweaked the pre gate settings all the way down, and even turned the crew weight off. still 1.75 every time, then slows down until 3 ball.   I've talked to PP, and they don't have an answer for me.

Any Advise would be greatly appreciated! /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-frown.gif