D3 T-Factor Bindings ??

Dr Tim

Hi,

I've been on my new Strada for a couple of weeks now and absolutely love it, currently using my slightly worn D3 Leverage front boot and an RTP.

Looking for a new boot and noticed the "T-Factor" image appear on the D3

website, does anyone know anythink about these? Any details anywhere?

Thanks

Tim

• Supporting Member

Oh man.  I love those Leverage bindings (actually I think mine is older, but extremely similar), and my ski partner and his daughter just got 'em this season and have been loving them as well.

I hope this doesn't mean they're about to phase out the current design!?

Change is bad. /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-frown.gif  (Hm, there doesn't seem to be a grumpy old man emoticon...)

• Baller

Right there with you man.  Been using the D3 Leverage bindings since they first came out and I absolutely love them.  Best rubber binders on the market IMO.  If they're changing/replacing them they'd better be GOOD.

If the feedback is positive I might be inclined to try a pair, mine are getting along in years (like their owner...) and have been rebuilt at least once each (unlike their owner, who's been rebuilt 4 - 5 times now...).

Ed

Thanks for the feedback - I'll keep my eyes open for any more info on the D3 website. I have got on really well with my Leverage its just getting a little old and soft now. I will also try a Reflex hard shell before making the decision - just wanted to get used to the new ski first before changing everything!

Was interested in the Strada/RS-1 boot has a half-way house to a full hard shell but have heard/read conflicting reports about whether they release or not? Whats anyones experience with Strada/RS-1 boots releasing (using a single with an RTP) ?

• Baller
I've had zero problems w/ Strada and RTP, and am very confident in the release characteristics (much more so then w/ prior Animal). This has been touched upon in other threads, and I honestly don't recall hearing anyone voicing unusual concerns.   As has been said a multitude of times...just don't crank down the bungees. 

When I've read or heard stories about injuries in RS-1's, it's difficult to figure out if the crash itself created the non-release situation. With my RS-1's I have full confidence that if my feet pull up (relative to the boot) they will come out.

Your milage may vary, but it's worth noting again: the construction of the RS-1 style boots allows for a consistant release that can easily be tested on dry land.

Great thank you, I'll have another dig around the forums and read-up.

One thing I have n't quite got straight in my mind is the liner - does it stay in the boot when you release or end up floating around the lake? Is it just your foot that comes out?

• Baller
Have also had no problems with RS1 & RTP. I believe the liner is supposed to pull out (with your foot still in) when releasing. Whenever I have released, my foot has come out and the liner stayed in. That doesn't bother me though as I have never had any discomfort to my ankle from a release.

www.swervetracker.com

• Baller

Hey guys.  The T-Factors are finally available.  Haven't skier in them, but will tomorrow.  For a hard shell guy, I'll have to say they are about as comfortable of a rubber boot as I have tried on.  Hopefully skiing in them will yield similar great results.

We just got our first shipment in and have been shipping a lot of them

And yes, Than, and Ed, the Leverage boots are still available as well.

Hope everyone is making it through the winter ok!  Spring will be here soon.

Seth

Seth Stisher

H2OProShop.com and The H2OTraining Center

Here's a link to the boots:

http://www.h2oproshop.com/d3-t-factor-front-boot.html