September 2010 EZFT / BallOfSpray Intergalactic Cash Prize Slalom Challenge

Horton

• Baller
We both should be entered. I entered myself several weeks ago and Bailey yesterday. Couldn't let Darwin try to win the family prize without a fight. Plus hoping this gives my girl some motivation to ski the next few weeks. This school thing kills the skiing man.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators

The field is set and entries are all final. The pot is $200 (minus my fee – at least one very good import beer or a bottle of scotch .... if you irritate me).

I can already see some possible blowouts. I am happy with a little trash talk but am saying now, NO CRYING! I will take protests based on you my data. Besides that I do not want to hear it.

http://www.ballofspray.com/sign-up

• Administrators
I am now -1. That locks me into the middle of the field... not going to win with that score. A break-out score is going to be needed. I think it may take + 3 or 4 to take the 20,000 pennys

• Baller
I skied my ranking Saturday (93.5), so I'm at zero until I come up with a break-out score. Another 3 rounder this coming weekend. Happy to contribute to whomever wins though http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cool.gif

• Baller_
I almost got to a zero after this weekend's events at Hilltop, best was 103.5, had 6 rounds - 3 with The_Krista, 3 without.  Not sure what her score was, but she hit the 4 ball @ -32 and ejected nicely out the front.  Tate Lake this weekend will give another 3 rounds to "get her done" for those of us entered from the Great State of Washington.

• Supporting Member
Whoops -- I guess I should have entered this.  I'd be at +3.5 (mostly thanks to being in injury-recovery mode last year).  I hope somebody beats me or I'll feel really silly! /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gif

Posted a score last weekend for everyone to shoot at +3.75

Still skiing behind PP during practice. Was calling my ski Nellie and telling her to settle down after opening pass. Got a good start at 32 but ended up a little late at the end. Final score 92

3 rounds left in the season. Hoping to up my avg. a little more for the coming year...We'll see

• Administrators

I am worried about Darwin. Ward tells me he is close to a breakout score.

I had a long talk with Carl Roberge about ski sabotage last weekend. He convinced me that it is a bad idea.

• Administrators

Carl explained that once you start messing with each other's skis it is a road straight to hell. I may already be going to hell so MS does need to watch his ski.

Joe. As I recall, you skied good with your liners backwards.

• Baller

Well the money is not mine.  -1 for me this one & only weekend.  Ski well everyone.  On the other hand a buddy of mine brought me some seasoning to try from a favorite restaurant.

http://i250.photobucket.com/albums/gg274/sixat38/SB092010.jpg

They put it on sweet potato frys but it looks like it could have many uses.  And pretty much every one I spoke to said they loved a squirrelly beaver.  Huh?

• Baller_
Dave - sorry to hear you've hit the "injured reserve list", hopefully it won't be for too long.  Try a good acupuncturist (another alternative if the Chiro doesn't help).   My score from the weekend of 9/12 finally posted, http://www.usawaterski.org/rankings/ScoreBks/11W032CS.HTM ,103.5, (so -.83) ties me for 9th with BMiller, so I only need 108.25 to get to the top of the pile.  That would be a score of 1/4 @ -41, totally possible if the stars will all get aligned.....  

• Baller
Should be interesting. The little Austin family member ran 2@35 today with a score of 86. Horton and Dawg (among many others BOS faithful) were there to witness.  She asked if she would get one of those a giant checks from BOS if she won for photos on the ride home from Shreveport. No matter who wins  that would be cool.