09 CC 196 vs 2011 CC 200

Ed_Johnson

• Baller

09 CC 196 vs CC 200,

Just received my 2011 CC 200 last week and it's great. However, that's not the whole story.

The dealer sold my 05 LXi and gave me a 09 196 to use till the 200 came in. Had it for 3 weeks. It was one sweet boat. The wakes blew away my LXi, plus it was great to have Zero Off and work out personal settings before the 200 came in. During that time I pulled 5 different skiers ranging from 15 -39 off. Everyone thought B-2 felt just like PP. I like C-2 but had a lot more experience using Z-Off before. It was the first time for 3 of them.

My Daughter PB'd behind it and said it had NO Wake in her opinion. I had to agree that the wake seemed nonexistent. Also, the price has dropped a lot on the 196 since the 200 came out. This one was for sale at 29K. My ski partner liked it so much he bought it. If I would have had this boat before, I doubt I would have spent 40K more for a 2011 200.

Just wanted to point out this is really a super boat for the money for anyone considering a newer boat.

Ski Well,    Ed

• Baller
Thanks Ed. Felt the same way after skiing behind the 200 and comparing it to my 09 196. At this point the cost of the 200 just doesn't justify the expenditure for me. These toys are big money now.

• Baller

jaredFish,

In answer to your question, is there a difference between the 2010 and 2011 200, the answer is yes. This is the reason I waited for the 2011. Aside from different interior material and locker hinges, the big difference I saw was the wake and the RPM. When I first skied and drove the 2010, the wake had a noticeable bump in the middle. That is completely gone on my boat. Also, at 34 the RPM was 4000, but this was the 343. I ordered the 409 with mine and it is 3690 @ 34 MPH. Also has slightly more padding in the engine box and the boat is fairly quiet. Zero-Off may also be smoother since they have a new program for the 200. Thats about all that I've noticed at this point.

Ski Well,  ED

• Baller

Shane, this is a crazy market for boats right now.

We've got our 196 listed all over the net and have our eye on yours, Aroras and a few others but are locked in until we move the 07. Our boat is probably the cheapest ZO boat on the internet. Lots of nibbles but nobody has made an offer.

• Baller_

Joe,

The ski 200 does have a ZO program dedicated to itself REV-Q201. Their are some enhancements for slalom as well as jump. I will get in touch with Andy and get exzact info, as to the life of me I can not remember what they were. Subtle gain enhancements for a higher reving boat. Also because the head unit is mounted a bit sideways it required a different signal reading from the potentiometers.

• Baller
Hey Guys,  We have the word out all over that we are cash buyers for a 196 with ZO not even picky about the year, but not rode hard and put away wet, willing to pay fair market value and no takers!  So, what is fair market?  I think fair market is what those with the cash are willing to pay if you have a boat for sale and nobody is buying it, certainly it is not that the whole world has no money  Afterall how many of you on here are steping up to a much more expensive 200 and not loking back?  We bought a 2008 promo last fall for 28k with 92 hours, so anyone out there today can't expect that or more for an 2008 or older, I mean really can they?  The 28k was not even the best deal that we found then, just the easiest....so, if you owe too much or think there is going to be a huge surge in 196 value making an older boat worth more today than a year ago, sorry bout your luck that boat is loosing money as I write this....seriously someone who REALLY wants to sell your boat and are not upside down come to you senses and take our nice green cash and cut your losses!

• Baller
If the fair market is that low, then why haven't you been able to buy one?  To have a sale you have to have two parties. One with money and one with a product they want to sell. If you're not able to buy at your price, then obviously FMV would have to be higher. While there are a lot of overpriced boats out there, basing FMV on last year when the economy really was bad is not really accurate.  There are fewer people in trouble now so the firesale pricing is going to be harder and harder to find. 

I agree with Shane. Plus, 28k for an '08 with 96 hours was a major steal. I saw some in that range, but they were ski school boats and on ebay. Not only do the two parties have to agree on the price, but I think the transaction needs to be somewhat amicable. Maybe I'm just reading your post the wrong way, but I'm not sure I would sell to you even if I agreed with the price.

Right now, the demand for ZO 196's are exceeding the supply. Prices are remaining steady or going up.

• Baller

Interesting comments as I am looking through my emails and I don't see an offer from you at all nor have you replied to my ad anywhere on roughly seven sites selling boats that i have posted it on as well as this is the first I have heard of you "putting the word out".

I am a big believer of everything is for sale but when the market is cold and barely nibbles is a big difference of turning down offers for less money wouldn't you say? Are you in California?

• Baller
Jody - should a 2010 already have this version or was it released mid-year?  Just curious if my 2010 (coming next month) will already have this or will I need to update.  I have a cable.  I would only need the link to download and install.

• Baller
Just saying there are lots of buyers out there today...not saying what fair market value is today...just saying boats(or whatever product, you fill in the blank) at fair market prices sell...why have issues with that? Just asking the questions, with what I have seen, clearly my opinion... but easy boys, not wearing bullet proof jacket!

• Baller

From a buyers perpective:

06 196 w/ ZO through 09 196 are functionally equivalent so year does not matter, all that matters are price, hours and condition;

> 500 hours is the new > 1000 hours;

30k is alot to pay for a boat you will not see in tournaments, and not enough different than a ZO MC 197 for mid - high 30s who's hull you will see in tournaments - especially important are the trick wake/table.

Just a different perspective . . .

We bought a 2008 promo last fall for 28k with 92 hours.

You will not find that deal today in this market. Good luck. 

30k is alot to pay for a boat you will not see in tournaments, and not enough different than a ZO MC 197 for mid - high 30s who's hull you will see in tournaments

The 196 will give you the same pull as a 197, RLXI or the 200. Plus, I have been to lots of tournaments where the 196 was still pulling events. Hulls and wakes change yearly. MC will have new engine for 2011 and new hull for 2012. Why pay high 30s to low 40s for the 197 if that is the case?

• Baller

Just finding a late model 196 with low hours (or at this point with any hours) proved difficult for me. Central and South Florida dealers had none, period. I got my 2009 from Michigan (I live in S. Florida). I spoke with Henrik of Miami Ski Nautique this past weekend who told me he rarely sees a late model 196 and when he does it's gone the same or next day. Tim Huston told me the same thing. I don't think the buyer is driving the price (or availability) right now...

• Baller

You pay the difference when when you value open bow, tower, 2 years of trick characteristics, and resale value more than the difference in initial price.

Why would you pay more for 09 ZO 196 than an 07 ZO 196 with equal hours and condition? 

• Baller
Roger, I'm sure you optimized your intrinsic value, warranty does play a role and folks value it differently.  A new boat w/ full warranty implies a different value calculus and would compete against different offerings e.g. zero hour 197's and RXLi's where the difference in price v value of functionality may be greater.

• Baller

That would only matter to me if the 197 and/or RXLi were in the running, they were not. I wanted a new Ski Nautique and was holding out for a 200, but everytime I put the numbers together, I came up more than 10 grand above a new 09. Since my scores are essentially the same behind the two hulls and since I prefer a number of things about the 196, I looked for and found exactly what I wanted. Your mileage may vary... (and that's ok with me)

• Baller
I know of a mint '08 196 Limited (200 hours), that can be purchased for $29.9, but it only has factory cruise and the color combo is awful.  Red belly, white mid, vapor top stripe.  It's at a dealership, and has been for over a year, so they may really be willing to deal.  You'll just have to learn to live with the color.