Warp DFT Measurement

KM

I have the EZ Fin Tool and was wondering if anyone has the factory DFT measurement using this tool.  Factory setting is 0.84" but I am currently using 1.007" with the EZFT.  It is very difficult to measure DFT on the Warp without the EZFT due to the rounded tail profile.

• Baller
KM, the only good way to get dft on a warp is with a digital slot caliper or the EZFT. I don't have an EZFT(tried to win one but couldn't beat the_Krista). So I don't know the difference a given setting would show for the two methods.

KM

Its best if you establish the difference between the two measurements on your ski.  To do this, measure the fin in its current position carefully and write down all three measurements.  Next loosen the fin and move it as far foreward on the ski as you can and snug it down.  With the fin foreward, you should be able to get a accurate DFT measurement using the "flat" method because you have a larger flat area to place the caliper on.  Also measure the DFT using the fintool.  Lets say the flat was 1.112 and with the fintool it was 1.002 your difference would be .110, write it on the fintool with a sharpie.  Now put the fin back where it was and check it.  If the factory reading you were looking for is .840, you would be looking at .950 with the fintool.  If you're using a digital caliper, simply open it up to .110 and push the "reset to zero" button and measure with the fintool, the measurements you get would be the same as measuring the flat or factory way.

lkb, take advantage of the discount and get one ordered, its the only way you can take all three measurements, acccurately, in less than a minute!

Terry

• Baller
I now have a EZFT, but have not checked my Warp with it yet. With a slot caliper my DFT is .773  I am out of the country until the end of the week, but will use the EZFT to check it when I get back and post the number. It is a waste of time on the Warp to try and get it accurately without one of these  two tools for sure.

Thank you MAD11.  I am also running an aluminum fin (HO).  The Warp seems much better with the aluminum fin.  I think the factory carbon fiber fin flexed too much.

My measurements:

L = 6.791 (tips), 6.691 (jaws)

D = 2.495

DFT = 1.007 (EZFT) which should be about 0.838 if I had a slot caliper.

Front boot = 28.5"

Rear boot = 16.75"

My HO fin thickness is 0.099".  Do you know the thickness of the Radar fin?

• Baller

Think the Radar fin is .088. It seems to be the most popular for the Warp. I know of at least 4  others running the same fin and similiar numbers. Your DFT seems way far forward. My length number is tips just so you know.

MAD11,

The reason I went with the HO fin was it is the same shape and thickness as the stock Warp carbon fiber fin.  I will try moving my fin back to your DFT and see how that works.  Are you a 34 or 36 mph skier?

• Baller

34 mph . I did have to add some shims on the sides of the fin to keep from crushing the warp fin box. It is made for the thicker fin which makes playing around with new stuff a pain. I wanted to go thinner because the ski has a ton of drag already and was looking for any way I could to find some speed.

One thing about the Warp is it always takes a lot of intensity to work well. The ski scores, but is a ton a work to ride and frankly makes practice for me miserable. The good thing is when your all amped up in a tournament it will take all you can give it. Exactly the opposite of most rides. 

Marc A