New O'brien

Stevie Boy

• Administrators

Wait for Surf Expo in 2 weeks. There is stuff....

Stevie.... be quiet man... If you know what I know... they want to hold it for a few more weeks.

• Administrators
Hmmmm No. I do not think so. I do not exactly understand what they are up to but Adam and Andy are not on the tile bottom bandwagon. (That is what my spies tell me)

• Baller
Hey, Guys!  The new ski that you are talking about is a prototype that is still in the R&D stages.  It will not be available till the spring and most likely will undergo some fine tuning before a hard tool is cut.  Andy said the new ski will just be an additional model to be offered next season and will not replace the popular Elite.  I cannot comment any further about the design characteristics but it will be shown at Water Ski Expo in Orlando next week.  Maybe Adam will release more information after next week! 

• Baller

Brent,

Andy always has the right information. He is a world class as skier, engineer, coach, and an amazing person with an unselfish desire to help people ski their best. He has assembled a great Pro Team.

BHS,

Adam is the bomb! He is able to produce whatever he, Andy and Drew can dream up. They have many other projects in the works!

• Administrators

I had been being quiet because Adam had asked me to not talk... At this point you guys have most of it.

The Endo is the standard Elite but not built RTM. Cost will be in line with other skis on the market.

The Quattro is mostly done but not for sale yet because they want to work on it a bit more before it hits the street.  

• Baller

"Andy said the new ski will just be an additional model to be offered next season and will not replace the popular Elite."

Do you guys see a lot of Elite skis where you ski? I seldom see one at all down here (Okeeheelee). I knew one guy riding one last year in Miami, but after it broke, he couldn't get the replacement (they replaced it, so good service there O'brien) to feel the same and moved onto a Goode. Just wondering how "popular" it really is?

• Baller
I am trying to understand the manafacturing of these skis, my source informed me that they like the RTM method because they could get the fex pattern much the same every time, by not using that method for the other skis, have they improved the manafacturing process, I remember watching Glenn Campbell at the Pro Am  one year trying five skis on his flex machine trying to find the best one. So we have got the Alpha, Quattro & Endo which one is the one with the Wider Forebody and which one is the Mid Ride ?

• Administrators

RTM is more difficult to set up, slower manufacturing process and generally more expensive.  In theory RTM skis have more consistent flex and last longer.

• Administrators

The Alpha is the current Elite - RTM

The Endo is the current  Alpha / Elite shape but not RTM (more affordable)

The Quattro - is the wider stubby new shape ski- RTM

There are only two shapes - three skis

• Baller

So much for letting the cat out of bag!

As for looks, who cares.  I thought the black/lime green RCX I owned was horrendous - but it skied very well.  I covered it in wood grain (thanks, Ward) so I wouldn't have to look at it.  If the "stubby ski" performs anywhere close to my current "stubby ski", I'll be thrilled! j

BTW Thomas, that girls has "man hands"!

I didnt know one of Eric Lee's Skis could look so good! But really if you fill in the graphics on The Quattro with bondo and painted it white you would have what looks to be a Lee Ski. It really looks like a ski he was skiing on last year or the year before, the "canoe paddle"

• Baller
Ski looks identical up to a couple inches north of the front boot inserts. Really don't see the benefits of a wider tip except maybe at 38 off and shorter. I believe the focus needs to be on getting more performance out of wide body skis like the Senate C. I see this as a good way to keep Zero Off from hitting the skier hard. Wider skis don't ride deep in the hole on hard turns. Just thinking out loud here. Rode a Radar Senate C and it was an effortless ride. Smooth and easy without driving the tail deep on the shortline turns. Has got to be easier without setting the Zero Off on a warpath. A little resistance from Zero Off is fine but you will not win if you input a hard turn to it, it will dish it out twice as hard.