Radar Vice

Skihack

• Baller

No offense , but the outfit is not quite worthy of the ski. Maybe visit www.foxhead.com and pick up a new set of boardies. Vest wouldn't hurt either. Call Eagle. Sick looking ride though.

(are shameless sponsor plugs ok on this site?)

haha I love those shorts. They are oakley and I use em for skiing only I have 5 or so different colours and they are brighter than they show up in the pic. I am not a huge fan of fox, but I have a hefty stable of Oneill and billabong with a couple other shorts of misc brand that I liked. The vest could go, I didn't really care enough to spend the $$ this season.. thinkin' maybe next season.

haha damn, FINE..new vest by 2011 ski season..but Trent actually took that ski home with him, I am still on an MPD.

Thanimal, I'm Comp sci as well so I hear ya. People will be shopping ebay for these in no time.The red bird of prey vest looks pretty badass though right?

• Supporting Member

Btw, fashion aside, I think you'll REALLY like an Eagle vest.  It's nice and tight for core support.  Combine that with being thin and light and I'd say it actually feels MORE comfortable than not wearing a vest at all.

I resisted the non-CGA vest thing for a long time, even after I was pretty much the only person at Nationals with a "regular" vest.  I found the older non-CGA vests to be stiff and provide no support.  But as soon as I got my Eagle I fell in love. /vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-smile.gif  (Well, actually the first one I got was too small, but I exchanged it easily enough.)

I'm not changing my trunks... you guys will get over it right? http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-laughing.gif

PS. I plan to pick up some of the new radar gloves and a now new vest as some of you guys have peer pressured me into it lol. 

• Baller

Guys,

This ski is really good. I was thinking about riding it at Cottonwood next weekend, but just made the mistake of letting my neighbor test it. I may not be able to get it back. Not kidding! He wouldn't take his boots off it.  Right up the line on it. T$$ knocked it out on this thing. 

• Baller

Pics don't do it justice. Looks way better in person. really bad ass looking when someone is skiing on it.  I can't figure out how to get my pics on photobucket to show or I would put some up.

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_fGDLCPUBceM/TKXiIX3NArI/AAAAAAAAABI/fqoQ8HyfTEU/s144/Vice%20photo.JPGhttp://lh3.ggpht.com/_fGDLCPUBceM/TKXiJKntEII/AAAAAAAAABM/KwaCRNkpLrY/s144/Vice%20Photo%20%282%29.JPG

Just wondering; Once we get past the Cool edgy graphix... -What is the ski's size and shape pattered after? Is it a narrower version of the Strada?  A Strada/Rs-1 hybrid?   -Or???

What does this ski seem to offer that the Strada or Strada 55 (Senate C) doesn't? -well, besides the totally sick Graphix! (the Darn Green on the Strada clashes with all my Reds and blues!!!) 

So it would appear that the Vice is basically the New Annex. (More or less) It is patterned aft. the Strada as the Annex was from the Rs-1 and the Vice is void of a carbon core as is the Annex. So, a hvy'r softer, damper riding ski...

Now the real question is; "is this $650.00 ski design improved enuf to be literally better over all then the Rs-1"???

Hey Eddie, does the 2011 Sen. C meet the INT wide ride requirements???   

• Baller
Doesn't seem softer, but different dampening. In the 1st set my neighbor ran into 39. Ski does not feel slower either. My comment was your selling it too cheap and individuals will 2nd guess it. Core is machined like the strada. Whole thing seems like top quality.

John your a Hoot!

Well the ski certainly sounds enticing! Looks nice and Edgy! and is @ a price point that should really piss off the competition! -Way to go "crazy old man"!http://www.ballofspray.com/vanillaforum/js/tinymce/jscripts/tiny_mce/plugins/emotions/images/smiley-cool.gif

• Baller

The Vice looking way better than the rider after a layoff and some serious business travel. Good to be home. Thanks to Darwin for helping hold down the fort some while I was away. He even left some of my beer. Been off for two weeks eating way too much. Ski is solid. Ran a full set of about eight 35 back to backs today easy and light in some pretty good wind. Forgiving. Get your orders in. (wish I could ski without making stupid faces, but not much to work with there anyway)

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_fGDLCPUBceM/TMR69SnwlhI/AAAAAAAAACQ/jwQMfC65VIw/s400/Marc-Vise2.JPGhttp://lh6.ggpht.com/_fGDLCPUBceM/TMR8hZwkPWI/AAAAAAAAACY/bdaD3-C72EQ/s400/Marc-Vise3.JPG

• Baller
The pics are at Aquaplex in Austin. Darwin was here for four days during collegiate nationals while I was out of the country. Wind was 15 to 20 head tail. The boat knocks it down a bunch after about 3 passes. My daughter was testing a new camera and having fun. Don't usually have a photographer for practice sets.

• Baller

Marc - I saw the ski in your garage - at first, I thought is was some retro 70's ski you had an emotional attachment to!  Upon closer inspection, I can see why you like it.

Thanks for letting us crash at your place.  It was nice to stay on site and see my daughter ski.  I owe you one.