What ski to buy dad for Christmas?

skifreak

• Baller
He's finally come around to letting go of his 70's something Mach 1. He runs 15 off at a soft 32 and 34 mph and gets in 22 off frequently. He's 56 years old, weights about 230lbs and skis for fun - no tournaments and is just happy to make a pass. He wants something that skis similarly to his mach 1 in that he doesn't want something that hooks aggressively. I have some ideas but am looking for more opinions. Used is not a problem and preferably under $400. Thanks!

• Baller_

Second on the H2OZ,

Also A  little known ski that for me anyway has worked well and I find myself going back to it is a Obrien Sixam 2 point Blue top 07-08? A little wider then the regular sixam and a longer sweet spot in the middle. Apparantly this ski is not being produced anymore as a sixam but may be re-labeld and called something else. Any way this ski is very predictable forgiving and reasonably fast accross the wakes and turns good. I have seen them on close outs on evil pay (ebay) and if one calls around to the bigger ski shops I will bet their are a few left.