Laurel Canyon Corona CA

Agustafson

I travel to Southern CA for work a bit and was wanting to know if there is a place near San Diego to Corona or close area that offers ski sets? I was on google earth tonight and saw what might be a ski site in Corona Ca off of Laurel Canyon Rd. Is this a ski site? Do they offer paid sets? Any ideas as to places to ski in that area would be great? I do a fair amount of travel for work and try and bring my ski with me as much as possible!!!

• Baller
Where are you going to be? If you're in San Diego there's mission Bay ski Club which is salt water. East of there is Imperial Lakes, there's a Tourney there this weekend. North of San Diego is Canyon Lake (where I'm from) and the Quarry in  Corona. I'm out of town working too but I could still possibly help you out to ski at Canyon Lake. You can e mail me at s_haines@live .com

• Baller

edit

Where are you going to be? If you're in San Diego there's mission Bay ski Club which is salt water. East of there is Imperial Lakes, there's a Tourney there this weekend. North of San Diego is Canyon Lake (where I'm from) and the Quarry in  Corona. I'm out of town working too but I could still possibly help you out to ski at Canyon Lake. You can e mail me at s_haines@live .com

• Baller

Just north of Corona at the junction of the 91 and 15 is the quarry.  It is a private site and I believe a couple of regulars here are members.  You need to be a guest of a member to ski the site.

Down the 15 between Corona and San Diego is Lake Elsinore.  There is a course at the south east end of the lake in the channel.  Last time I checked it was managed by the local Mastercraft dealer, California Skier.  The site is susceptible to wind but and some rollers from the lake but can ski pretty nice in the mornings.

• Baller
The thing about the channel is that you need a boat unless you can hook up with some one from Cal Skier. I have the number there if you want to try them. The conditions are usually pretty good other than afternoon wind. At Canyon you can usually find a ride if you have the right hook up. It's not a private ski lake, but it's skiing!

Thanks for the info guys! I'll be sticking around the Corona and Menifee area this week.. I work in the motorcycle industry and most of our test tracks are all within this area at this point most of my mornings are open up until 10:30am.. What kinda of water temp is going on in this part of CA? Radar lake was 60 yesterday been in my drysuit for the last few weeks..... I'll see about sending out a email to you Steven thank you again for the info.

• Baller
If you're in Menifee, you're right next door to Canyon. I was there last week and the water temp had dropped to 75 but I think it got back up to 80 due to the heat. We were 100 to 113 the week I was back. If you want to check out the site you can log on to canyonlakeskiclub.com   There is a web cam you can view to check out the site. This placed is invitation only so you're not going to be able to just drop by. You need to be called in and go thru the guard shack and all that good stuff. Get me your number so I can see about getting you hooked up with one of the guys there. The mornings are usually the best time to hook up.

I am a member at the Quarry in Corona, CA. The pond off Laurel Canyon Way is not a slalom lake to my knowledge. If you look it up on Google Earth, look just Northeast and you'll see the Quarry. You'll notice the Quarry is much bigger than the pond off Laurel and we have a short setup to the 55's. No way the other can be long enough for a course. If you zoom in, you can see our course buoys and the luanch ramps and cabana.