Trailing ski issue

Donski

I am having a problem with my off side turn on my 65† 09 Z7. After watching video and frame by fame slow mo I can see that the ski has a tendency to finishes the turn behind me (Ski starts getting behind me at the apex  point) and I don’t seem to get it back out in front of me. Now before video I would have said the ski has will some times bite hard at the end of the off side turns forcing me to break.  So with that thought in mind I have been taking a little tip out trying to fix the turn.

I am confused; I know that typically breaking at the waist is caused by to much tip or front of the ski biting in the water.  Can breaking also accrue if the ski gets too far behind the skier in the turn?  Say forcing the skier to than put to much weight on the front of the trailing ski?

Left my ski log at the lake think my last settings were around 6.896 2.498 0.732 and 28 13/16â€

On side turn rocks.

• Baller

Move your fin back more. I had the same problem on my strada when the water turned colder. I felt like the ski was stuck behind me coming out of the turn. Rossi feels the same way when water gets cold. Try it.

my warm water setting is .755 and i went back to .742 and had instant results

I read this post with interest.   rq0013 -I started a thread the other day - water - temparature, saying I love my Strada in Orlando, but am very inconsistent with it in London. Majority of people said move the fin forward in cold water, ie increase the dft.  Have you tried this?  - what numbers you running now in say 50F water?  Many also suggested moving the front boot forward one hole - I had no success with this and gone back to stock.    Waist breaking for me on offside finish means one thing;-  I am not letting the ski finish and grabbing the handle too quickly.

• Baller

Londonskier- moving the fin forward doesnt work for me. I moved my forward in warm water when the water was over 80, then the ski came alive. I have a 66 strada and my water is at 57 degrees. Im at 6.845  .742  2.51

Breaking at the waist does mean that, but it could also mean you have too much tip and could take a little out of the fin

AB is on the same theory as me.

For warm water my settings from Matt Rini are: 6.845 .755 2.505

Donski

Go to home page , tech articles. Watch Terry Winter ski.Watch how he keeps the ski in front of him and soft knees.

I tried the same ski , had the same problem. I think it's more style than settings.

Ps. I dont ski naturally with the ski in front of me. I tend to lead with the upper body and be over the ski on the off side. Probably because I dont prepare well for the offside. Come off a good side pull, give up the handle early,think I've done enough,have a break! Consequently dont move well enough in the pre-turn and counter properly. Climb over the front with heavy feet, push too hard.....the ski slows down rapidly.....ending up behind me, or breaking me!

Analyse your style.

Regards

Thanks guys, I will try to figure out how to post some Video. I just realized that I have been using the stock #’s for the Z7 ST and not the #’s for the Z7 as my base set up. the Z7 ST runs a little longer and deeper than the Z7.

Shane I agree my technique needs work, spent the last 4 weekends working on handle control, getting hips up and forward more on my off side pull, staying more open and countered.  All issues that John has told me to work on.

My frustration is last year with even worse technique my off side turn was not really an issue on my X5.

roberto, if i didnt know better i would say you have been watching me ski. You hit one of my major problems right on the head. John said the same thing after watch me ski about 6 weeks ago and to figth a bit longer before you let the boat take the handle away. The only differance is knee bend makes thing worse.

What happened to the Z7 is so forgiving and symettrical, its kickin my butt